Stew Leonard’s Wines Hosts The "Best Of The West" Wine And Food Grand Tasting To Benefit Area United Way Chapters
Stew Leonard’s hosts its fifth annual wine and food grand tasting to benefit the United Way of Norwalk & Wilton and United Way of Westport-Weston on Friday, March 14th from 6:00 to 8:00 P.M at Aitoro Appliances HDTV Home Theater, located at 401 Westport Avenue in Norwalk. The tasting will feature more than 70 of the best wines from California, Oregon and Washington, paired with the cuisine of Stew Leonard’s Executive Chef George Llorens.
“Following the hot trends in the wine business, this year’s tasting features the ‘best of the West’ including Oregon Pinot Noir, Sonoma Chardonnay, and some of the new cult Washington vintners,” said Amy Dixon, Stew Leonard’s Fine Wine Specialist. “The tasting will showcase well-known producers such as Caymus, Ponzi, Andrew Will, Chateau St Michelle and Bernardus, with their top cuvees being poured. Attendees can also taste the latest organic wines from these states, and learn about the movement towards more sustainable winemaking practices.”
Chef George Llorens from Stew Leonard’s has created a gourmet menu to complement the wines, including signature dishes such as:
* Lobster medallion with wild mushroom and rice pilaf.
* Smoked salmon on potato pancakes with crème fraîche and chives.
* Pavé of filet mignon with cracked peppercorn.
* Seared tuna with wasabi.
* Grilled shrimp with pesto.
* Chicken dumplings with ginger.
* Mexican quesadillas and mini black bean burritos.
* Artisan cheeses and breads.
* Assorted pastry and chocolate covered strawberries.
Tickets are available for $60.00 per person and can be purchased in advance at:
* The United Way of Norwalk & Wilton at 20 Glover Avenue, Norwalk; 203-847-4576.
* The United Way of Westport-Weston at 489 Post Road East, Westport; 203- 227-1743.
* Stew Leonard’s Wines, 55 Westport Avenue, Norwalk; 203-847-7213.
Stew Leonard’s is donating the food and wine, while Aitoro Appliance is donating the event space, so all proceeds from the evening can be divided among the United Way of Norwalk & Wilton and United Way of Westport-Weston.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.