Sharp to Introduce Three New X Series AQUOS LCD TVs in 46V*1-, 42V- and 37V-Inch Models
Sharp Corporation will introduce into the Japanese market three models in the new AQUOS X Series of LCD TVs. The 46V, 42V and 37V-inch TVs not only deliver high-quality pictures, but also bring a refined sense of quality to interior décor when mounted on the wall.
We are now beginning the eighth year since Sharp first introduced the AQUOS LCD TV in 2001, and the flat-panel TV market is beginning its transition from a phase of growth to a stage of maturity. In this environment, demand for flat-panel TVs is also expected to diversify. Consumers are seeking not only the larger screen sizes and full HD specs that have dominated the market up to now, but are also looking for models that offer thinner profiles and wall-mount capabilities to complement room décors.
The AQUOS X Series can accommodate the needs of consumers who want to mount a flat-panel TV on the wall to take full advantage of its thin profile, or who desire to change their living room décor by decorating a wall with it like a painting.
Advanced engineering and technologies that one would expect in the AQUOS have enabled this X Series to achieve the industry’s thinnest profile*2 for the display section, a mere 3.44 cm thick (at the thinnest part). In addition, by making the most of this thin structure and paying careful attention to design not only on the front, but also on the sides and back, the AQUOS X Series features a design that looks beautiful mounted on a wall and harmonizes beautifully as a part of any interior space including living rooms.
Plus, the X Series adopts a discrete component configuration that separates the display section from the tuner section. Users can connect the display section simply and easily via a single cable. Housing the tuner as a separate component also eliminates the time and effort involved in turning the back of the display section to make connections with the antenna cable or peripheral equipment.
1. Industry’s thinnest*2 profile, just 3.44 cm thick (at the thinnest part).
2. TV contrast*3 of 15,000:1 and 12-bit BDE*4 color value rendering deliver Smooth Image Quality, the latest in LCD technology.
3. All models feature double-speed (120-Hz frame rate conversion) full-HD LCD technology for superior fast-motion image processing.
4. Thin-profile 3-way 8-speaker system and 1-Bit digital amplifier.
5. All models are compatible with AQUOS Familink that enables operation of a connected AQUOS Blu-ray Disc Player simply and easily.
6. Environmentally friendly, energy-efficient design.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.