Allstate Financial Feeds 12,000 Chicagoans for Thanksgiving
Nearly 35,000 pounds of turkey prepared especially for Chicago residents in need
Allstate Financial is providing Chicagoans with enough food to feed the entire population of Williamsburg, Virginia1 for Thanksgiving through a $50,000 donation to the Greater Chicago Food Depository. To put it into perspective, the following is a break-down of the purchasing power of $50,000:
What does $50,000 buy?
* One Mercedes Benz R Class 2007
* One Hermes 30 cm Birken Crocodile & Diamond Handbag
* One year of tuition for undergraduate students at George Washington University
* 10 kilograms of Beluga Caviar
* 52 Pairs of Jimmy Choo Shoes, Solar Crepe de Chine Dorsay
* 126 Apple I-Phones
* 12,000 Thanksgiving Day dinners for Chicago residents
“This donation is more than a check - it’s about our people joining together to help those in need,” said Jim Hohmann, president and CEO of Allstate Financial, a business unit of The Allstate Corporation. “As Allstate celebrates 50 years in the life insurance industry, we are grateful, and we are extending that gratitude into the community this Thanksgiving.”
On Tuesday, Nov. 6, an Allstate Financial contingent made its way to the Greater Chicago Food Depository to box-up Thanksgiving dinners for Chicagoans in need. Approximately 70 employees, some from as far away as Gary, Ind., and Antioch, Ill, dedicated time and hard work to bring the donation from Allstate Financial to life. The Allstate-branded boxes, stocked full of Thanksgiving essentials, will be delivered not only to the homeless, but to the hardworking Chicagoans who had a difficult choice: Pay the bills on time or have a nice Thanksgiving dinner. They chose to pay the bills. Allstate Financial is providing the dinner.
Allstate Financial Thanksgiving Day dinner donation by the numbers:
* 33,750 pounds of turkey
* 15,000 pounds of potatoes
* 3,000 pounds of yams
* 3,000 pounds of corn
* 3,000 pounds of cranberry sauce
* 188 pounds of gravy
* 2,625 pounds of stuffing mix
* 360 volunteer man hours from Allstate Financial employees to package the dinners
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.