TI Introduces Dual-Voltage Level 200-MA LDO For Handheld Devices
1 mm x 1.4 mm Chip-Scale Linear Regulator Provides Flexibility for eFUSE and SIM Card Programming
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today introduced the first dual-level 200-mA low-dropout (LDO) linear regulator with simple dynamic voltage scaling in a tiny, five-ball chip-scale package. The flexibility of this device benefits applications that require two levels of output voltage regulation for programming of eFUSE or SIM cards with additional memory, such as wireless handsets, PDAs, smart phones, MP3 players and other handheld devices. See: www.ti.com/tps728185315-pr.
TIís new TPS728185315 LDO features a very low dropout of 230 mV with an input voltage range of 2.7 V to 6.5 V and fixed output voltages between 0.9 V and 3.6 V. The LDO also comes with EEPROM preset voltage options of 1.85 V and 3.15 V. The LDO enables the designer to set switchable voltages for eFUSE and SIM cards, such as a higher voltage for fuse programming or with detection of the SIM card, and a lower voltage at the end of programming. The designer can switch between two voltages in a finite amount of time without over and undershoots. Dynamic voltage scaling also helps reduce leakage currents in sub-micron multimillion transistor processors used extensively in portable applications, such as TIís ultra-low power MSP430 microcontrollers.
An integrated precision bandgap and error amplifier provides an overall 2.5 percent accuracy over load, line and temperature extremes. The TPS728185315 provides a high power-supply rejection ratio (PSRR) over a wide frequency range of up to 1 MHz, fast 160 us start-up time and excellent line and load transient response. The device is fully specified over a temperature range of -40C to 125C.
Key Features of the TPS728185315:
* Dual 200-mA LDO regulator
* Available in multiple fixed-output voltage combinations from 0.9 V to 3.6 V, using factory EEPROM programming
* VSET pin toggles output voltage between two preset levels o Preset output voltage levels can be EEPROM-programmed to any combination
* High PSRR: 65 dB at 1-kHz
* Two-and-a-half percent accuracy over line, load and temperature
* Stable with a 1.0-uF ceramic capacitor
* Thermal shutdown and over-current protection
* Low IQ: 50 uA in active mode
* Low dropout: 230 mV at 200 mA
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.