Epson Develops LED Driver IC for Real-Time Automatic Luminance Control
- Reduces backlight current consumption by up to 30%.
- TOKYO, Japan,-Seiko Epson Corporation (“Epson”) has developed the S1F87110, a new automatic luminance controller IC that makes it possible to automatically control backlight luminance in real time. Shipments of samples of this product will commence in July 2007. Volume shipments are scheduled to begin in October 2007.
The S1F87110 IC is installed with Epson’s original luminance control data, making it possible to achieve real-time automatic luminance control according to ambient brightness by simply connecting an external ambient light sensor. This product allows users to utilize the PWM-controlled automatic luminance control function just by hooking it up to their existing LED drivers. Use of this automatic luminance control function reduces LED current consumption by 20-30%* while simultaneously improving the picture quality of the display. This product also comes equipped with I2C interface which allows users to set their own customized luminance control specifications in order to achieve automatic luminance control that is appropriate for any kind of display.
Features of S1F87110
* Automatic luminance control
o PWM output for backlight LED driver
o The automatic luminance control function can be added to existing systems
* Power supply voltage: 3.0 V to 4.6 V
* Automatic luminance control circuit
o Assessment of ambient brightness in 16 levels (readout of assessment results is possible)
o PWM output for LED driver intensity control (selection of frequency and phase is possible)
o Customization of auto luminance control specifications (selection of sampling cycles, duties, and duty changing times is possible)
* Interface: Customization of luminance control specifications and various settings is possible using IC2-Bus
* Package: WCSP (1.7 mm x 2.2 mm)
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.