Warner/Chappell Music Named BMI’s ‘Pop Publisher Of The Year’ At 55th Annual Pop Awards
Company Recognized With Its 13th BMI Pop Publisher of the Year Crystal by Leading Performing Rights Organization for Outstanding Achievement by Pop Music Songwriters
Warner/Chappell Music, the publishing arm of Warner Music Group Corp. (NYSE: WMG), and one of the world’s largest music publishers, claimed its BMI ’Pop Publisher of the Year’ prize with eleven songs on the top 50 list and the highest percentage of copyright ownership at this year’s 55th Annual Pop Awards held in Los Angeles on Tuesday.
The awards recognizes the songwriters, publishers and producers of the top BMI pop songs played on American radio and television and marks the company’s 13th BMI Pop Publisher of the Year “Crystal”.
“This award is industry recognition of Warner/Chappell’s strength and presence in the pop music genre,” said Dave Johnson, Chairman and CEO, Warner/Chappell Music. “We are delighted to receive this award from BMI, and we are extremely proud that Warner/Chappell’s talented songwriters are writing many of today’s biggest hits.”
Warner/Chappell writer Barry Gibb of the Bee Gees received the BMI Icons award honoring his group’s “unique and indelible influence on generations of music makers.”
In addition to being recognized as BMI’s Pop Publisher of the Year, Warner/Chappell Music songwriters were also recognized for their recent hit singles including:
• “Crazy” (songwriter Cee-Lo Green)
• “Good is Good” (songwriter Sheryl Crow)
• “I’m Feeling You” (songwriter Michelle Branch)
• “Like We Never Loved At All” (songwriter Vicky McGehee)
• “Photograph” (songwriters Daniel Adair, Chad Kroeger, Mike Kroeger and Ryan Peake)
• “Savin’ Me” (songwriters Daniel Adair, Chad Kroeger, Mike Kroeger and Ryan Peake)
• “Sugar (Gimme Some)” (songwriters David Byrne and Trick Daddy)
• “Talk” (songwriter Karl Bartos)
• “You and Me” (2nd award for songwriter Jude Cole)
• “Your Body” (songwriters Marcus “Pleasure” Cooper, Corey “Slick ‘Em” Mathis, Diamond “Baby Blue” Smith, Joseph “Blue” Smith and Spectacular Smith)
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.