Winner of The 2007 Web 2.0 Idol is...
San Francisco, CA, February 15, 2007 – BeeTooBee.com tabulated 287 Web 2.0 start-ups in the Company Review forum at TechCrunch posted in the past 40 days to reveal the 2007 Web 2.0 Idol.
“It was very interesting to see the results. The winners were a combination of good old fashioned capitalism in the form of YouTube and MySpace variants, mixed with religion and pornography.”, observed Brian King, Publisher of BeeTooBee.com.
BeeTooBee.com went in and measured the interest of the community as measured by the number of members who viewed a profile and the number who left a comment in the thread.
The 2007 Web 2.0 Idol (for now) is:
1. Si-Mi: YouTube environment to sell multimedia content. Si-Mi’s profile was viewed 33% more than the next runner up. Si-Mi even beat out iJigg, which was profiled on that most prime of start-up free PR real estate, the front page of TechCrunch.com
2. iJigg: Digg for music sharing where visitors vote on songs and the most popular make it to the front page
3. Send2: Adding office productivity like calendaring to SMS
4. listpic: Craigslist remix to pull all classfieds with pictures and aggregate them in one place
5. TWiki: Wiki collaboration technology for the enterprise
6. JobCoin: Embed syndicated job classifieds in blogs and websites
7. HotPads: Mashup to find rental properties in local markets
8. eroticr: Erotic pictures and videos popularity-ranked by visitors
9. Profilactic: Nothing to do with condoms. Centralize all your social network accounts and related content
10. ViralVideos: Daily aggregation of the most popular videos from the major video sharing sites
Most commented on:
1. CollegeMedium: Classifieds for individual colleges
3. InnerTee: Make and buy a custom T-Shirt online
4. bla.st: ’Pixel’ advertising where posting a business card ranges from free to paid based on size and location
5. MyChurch: Social network for Christians
9. Schmedley - Start page widgets
10. GetClicky - Website traffic analytics hosted as a software service
Most popular categories:
Social networking: 39 companies
Search: 27 companies
Media sharing: 21 companies
More information, including a detailed list of companies can be found at beetoobee.com/web20idol-en.php.
About BeeTooBee.com. BeeTooBee.com is a peer submitted community media resource for B2B marketing thought leadership and best practices. If a community member finds a posting useful, they can vote for it. The most popular content makes it to the front page. BeeTooBee is free to all, and there is no registration required to vote or submit articles.
- Contact Information
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.