TELUS marks 10 year anniversary of Mike network with service’s hottest phone yet
Stylish Motorola i880 couples multimedia and productivity-enhancing features
November 30, 2006 - Vancouver, B.C. – TELUS today announced the Motorola i880, a sleek, feature-rich multimedia device that provides the perfect balance between work and play. The i880 is the newest addition to TELUS’ Mike line-up which has been the gold-standard in Push To Talk (PTT) capable devices in Canada since its launch in 1996.
“TELUS continues to lead the industry in offering innovative Push To services and products that merge the ultimate voice-communications productivity tool of Mike’s Direct Connect PTT functionality with unique multimedia features such as Push To View, which lets users instantly share photos and contact information at the push of a button,” said Robert Blumenthal, TELUS senior vice-president of Products and Services. “The Motorola i880 is truly the hottest Mike phone to date as it brings together a stunningly stylish and intelligent design while delivering an amazing entertainment experience.”
Based on Motorola’s iDEN technology, Mike is the wireless communications tool of choice for Canadian business thanks to Mike’s Direct Connect service. With Mike’s Direct Connect PTT functionality, users can instantly communicate with other Mike users and more than 20 million other iDEN PTT users in the United States, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico and Peru at the push of a button, eliminating the delays of dialing, voice mail and telephone tag.
The Motorola i880’s integrated music player offers the ability to enjoy MP3s, audio files, audio podcasts* and ringtones via front dual-ported speakers in true-to-life stereo sound. Boasting a 2.0 megapixel camera, the i880 allows users to take pictures with resolution sharp enough for photo quality 4x6 prints, as well as lifelike video playback with sound for 30-second clips when stored in the phone’s internal memory. Customers also have the option to save more of their favorite multimedia files with the included 64 MB microSDTM removable memory card.
The Motorola i880 also features:
* Mike’s Talk Around™ service for localized Push To Talk service in remote areas without network coverage.
* Openwave™ 7.02 Internet browser to stay informed and entertained with up to the minute weather, news, sports scores, travel information and more.
* Integrated Bluetooth technology provides wireless freedom by allowing the exchange of non copyright-protected information with other compatible Bluetooth enabled devices such as wireless phones, headsets, or desktop computer adaptors.
* The original PTT button allows for one-touch communications via digital two-way radio to individuals and groups or for instant transfer of data with PTT to exchange contacts and pictures via Push To View, a set of features which are unique to select Mike handsets and allow clients to instantly send data, including photos and contact information, to other compatible phones.
* Push To View Manager lets clients control the i880’s innovative Push To View features from one streamlined and intuitive menu.
The Motorola i880 is available at TELUS retail locations across Canada or online at telusmobility.com for as low as $199.99 on a three year contract or $399.99 without a contract.
TELUS (TSX: T, T.A; NYSE: TU) is a leading national telecommunications company in Canada, with $8.5 billion of annual revenue and 10.5 million customer connections including 4.9 million wireless subscribers, 4.6 million wireline network access lines and 1.1 million Internet subscribers. TELUS provides a wide range of communications products and services including data, Internet protocol (IP), voice, entertainment and video. Committed to being Canada’s premier corporate citizen, over the last five years TELUS has contributed more than $62 million to charitable and non-profit organizations, and has established seven TELUS Community Boards across Canada to lead its local philanthropic initiatives.
- 30 -
*i880 handset supports audio podcasts which are stored on an optional memory card. Optional memory card reader and podcatcher software required for saving to memory card.
- Contact Information
- Julie Smithers
- TELUS Media Relations
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.