CA Announces Support For Windows Vista, The 2007 Microsoft Office System And Exchange Server 2007
Provides Smooth Migration and Investment Protection For Enterprise Customers, SMBs and Consumers
ISLANDIA, N.Y., November 30, 2006 – CA (NYSE: CA) today announced support for Windows Vista, the 2007 Microsoft Office system and Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 across its product lines. CA’s support for Microsoft’s newest solutions will provide smooth migration and essential investment protection for its enterprise and SMB customers worldwide—as well as for users of its popular consumer products.
“CA has been at the forefront of Microsoft support since the earliest days of Windows,” said Alan Nugent, executive vice president and chief technology officer for CA. “We look forward to helping all of our customers make the most of these next-generation solutions as they leverage their new features and functionality.”
Support for Windows Vista
Windows Vista is designed to reduce the time, complexity and cost of PC deployment, maintenance and security. CA’s solutions support and complement these objectives by providing value-added functionality for systems management, security, data protection, business service optimization and compliance. Examples include:
* Business Desktop Deployment Plus (BDD+) leverages CA’s industry-leading Desktop and Server Management software and best practices to address every step of the Windows Vista deployment process-from planning and implementation to desktop migration and reporting.
* CA BrightStor ARCserve Backup and CA XOsoft WANSync provide backup and rapid recovery management for Windows Vista environments.
* CA Threat Manager, CA Anti-Virus and CA Anti-Spyware enable consumers, small businesses and enterprise IT organizations to make optimal use of security parameters defined in Windows Vista and extend them across their other Microsoft platforms-simplifying enterprise security management while ensuring that security policies are consistently enforced before, during and after platform migration.
Support for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 provides protection, anytime/anywhere access, streamlined ownership, and integration capabilities to help organizations maximize the business value of their messaging environments. CA’s solutions support and complement these capabilities with a full range of management, security, storage and archiving functionalities. Examples include:
* CA’s Enterprise Risk Mitigation and Compliance solutions for Exchange Server 2007 provide centralized information, recovery and resource management products that enhance the built-in capabilities of Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, enabling customers to optimize data protection, email archiving, compliance and electronic data discovery across large Exchange Server environments.
Support for the 2007 Microsoft Office System
The 2007 Microsoft Office system provides a complete platform for solutions ranging from collaboration and enterprise content management to business intelligence, enterprise project management and more. CA products supporting the 2007 Microsoft Office system include:
* CA MDY FileSurf, CA Message Manager and CA BrightStor ARCserve Backup provide centralized management of records regardless of location or origin-enhancing the built-in capabilities of Microsoft Office SharePoint 2007 with robust records management, archiving, electronic data discovery and high-performance backup and recovery for the full life cycle of SharePoint-based information.
“CA’s support of Windows Vista, the 2007 Microsoft Office system and Exchange Server 2007 will be of significant value to our mutual worldwide customers,” said Kim Akers, general manager of Unified Communications at Microsoft Corp. “CA’s solutions will enhance the advanced functionality of these products and will help ensure organizations have a smooth transition as they upgrade their environments.”
Selected CA solutions are scheduled to provide same-day support for Windows Vista, the 2007 Microsoft Office system and Exchange Server 2007 upon their release, with others following based on market requirements.
CA (NYSE: CA), one of the world’s largest information technology (IT) management software companies, unifies and simplifies the management of enterprise-wide IT. Founded in 1976, CA is headquartered in Islandia, N.Y., and serves customers in more than 140 countries. For more information, please visit http://ca.com.
Copyright © 2006 CA. All Rights Reserved. One CA Plaza, Islandia, N.Y. 11749. All trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
- Contact Information
- Bob Gordon
- Public Relations
- CA, Inc.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.