Deck the Halls with Printed Photos This Holiday Season
Kodak Survey Says Recipients Treasure and Save Personalized Photo Gifts; Prefer Gifts from the Heart
ROCHESTER, N.Y., Nov. 16 -- As people look for the perfect holiday card to send and gift to give this season, it’s often the simple photo that touches people’s heart the most. More than half of consumers prefer receiving personalized photo greeting cards, with 84 percent saving those cards from family and friends, according to a survey conducted by Eastman Kodak Company. Also, more than one-third of consumers consider a personalized photo calendar the best “gift from the heart.”
Recipients treasure photographs because they create connections and preserve memories. More than 90 percent of people believe that sharing experiences through photographs helps them bond with others. A nearly identical amount feel that it’s important to take photographs to remind their children of their youth. This, combined with the fact that more than three-quarters of people wishing that they had pictures of family members from when they were younger, prove that photographs are truly the gift that keeps on giving.
“Making printed pictures, cards and photo gifts part of your holiday plan this year will delight your friends and family,” said Diane McCue, general manager of Paper and Output, Film and Photofinishing Systems Group and vice president, Eastman Kodak Company. “Personalized photo cards and gifts keep friends and families up-to-date and share your recent adventures, major milestones, such as a new baby or wedding, or group gatherings. Digital printing allows you to add your personal creativity to your pictures to create a gift that is uniquely you. It also creates a keepsake that recipients will save and treasure.”
With a variety of services in the market that use real KODAK paper, consumers can find an easy-to-use service that not only creates beautiful, high quality gifts and cards, but also fits into their busy lifestyles.
To create personalized cards and gifts, Kodak offers the following tips:
1. Check the holiday post office schedule and determine how much time you have to get cards and gifts mailed and what shape and size envelopes require additional postage. Visit www.usps.com and search for delivery schedules.
2. Think about some of your favorite events this past year. Perhaps it was a family vacation or the introduction of a new member to the family. Choose a picture that captures that moment and build your holiday greeting card around that exciting time.
3. Gather family photos from different events throughout the year and create a personalized calendar, highlighting birthdays, anniversaries, wedding and other special events. You can create multiple copies and give them to all family members to enjoy throughout the upcoming year.
4. Choose a photo printing service that matches your lifestyle. If you run errands on the weekend, drop your film, existing prints, or digital camera memory card off at your local retailer and tap their in-store photo experts to create something while you shop. Or if you prefer to do things online, use a service like the KODAK EASYSHARE Gallery (www.kodakgallery.com) to create your cards and personalized gifts. In some cases, you can upload pictures to your local drug store site, chose the gifts you’d like to create and pick them up in the store a few days later.
5. Look for the Kodak logo, at the store, online, and on your prints. KODAK prints provide rich detail, vibrant colors and the high quality that makes these cards and gifts keepsakes.
About Eastman Kodak Company
Kodak is the world’s foremost imaging innovator, providing leading products and services to the photographic, graphic communications and healthcare markets. With sales of $14.3 billion in 2005, the company is committed to a digitally oriented growth strategy focused on helping people better use meaningful images and information in their life and work. Consumers use Kodak’s system of digital and traditional image capture products and services to take, print and share their pictures anytime, anywhere; businesses effectively communicate with customers worldwide using Kodak solutions for prepress, conventional and digital printing and document imaging; creative professionals rely on Kodak technology to uniquely tell their story through moving or still images; and leading healthcare organizations rely on Kodak’s innovative products, services and customized workflow solutions to help improve patient care and maximize efficiency and information sharing within and across their enterprise. More information about Kodak (NYSE: EK) is available at www.kodak.com.
Kodak and Easy Share Gallery are trademarks of Eastman Kodak Company. 2006
- Contact Information
- Nancy Carr
- Eastman Kodak Company
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.