Unisys Adds SOA Capabilities to Payment Systems
Service oriented architecture and Web services designed to help clients modernize critical applications and enhance customer services
BAI Retail Delivery Conference & Expo, Las Vegas, November 14, 2006 – Unisys Corporation (NYSE:UIS) today announced the Unisys SOA Vision suite, a set of payment processing products comprising web services that enable clients to build, maintain and capitalize on the benefits of service oriented architecture (SOA) in a distributed environment.
Unisys SOA Vision, implemented with web services, enables clients to effectively incorporate new products and services within their enterprise faster while reducing IT complexity and overall cost of maintenance.
“Our strategy is to initially deploy SOA Vision for our distributed capture line. Because the Web Device and Web Perfect Image Suites are based upon service oriented architectures the door is open to expand our offerings into other non-payment-specific products,” says Gary Wallen, vice president and general manager, Unisys Payment Systems.
The Unisys SOA Vision suite is designed to offer the following advantages over traditional approaches to distributed computing:
* Lower implementation costs through increased component reusability and sharing of services across multiple applications;
* Improved communication among multiple platforms through web services; and
* Simplified management and streamlined support for large networks through centralized applications and tools.
Unisys SOA Vision Suite Provides “Building Blocks” within SOA Environment
The Unisys SOA Vision suite comprises two primary modules – collections of integrated web services that enable operating system interdependency and help ensure suitability of images for electronic exchange:
* Web Perfect Image Suite simplifies the management of Unisys Image Quality, Security, Usability and Recognition products, streamlining secure image analysis and providing near-perfect images prior to presentment.;
* Web Device Suite manages distributed capture devices, such as the Unisys SourceNDP, MyVision X, and UEC Series payment processing systems with a single interface driving those devices, reducing implementation time and associated costs. Web Device Suite is designed to respond to client demands for centrally managed networks and address client requirements for thin client solutions. Also, Web Device Suite offers the PerfectMICR capability, which yields near-perfect MICR read rates up to 99.7%.
Unisys has deployed more than 20,000 SourceNDP worldwide, with 13,500 in Europe. Athic, a European service company responsible for the successful implementation of thousands of SourceNDP with very large banks, believes web services will accelerate the development of thin client solutions. “We feel the Unisys web service suite will further enhance our distributed capture solutions and optimize seamless integration into thin client networks,” says Jacques Bourget, Athic General Manager.
Unisys is a worldwide technology services and solutions company. Our consultants apply Unisys expertise in consulting, systems integration, outsourcing, infrastructure, and server technology to help our clients achieve secure business operations. We build more secure organizations by creating visibility into clients’ business operations. Leveraging the Unisys 3D Visible Enterprise approach, we make visible the impact of their decisions – ahead of investments, opportunities and risks. For more information, visit www.unisys.com.
RELEASE NO.: 1106/8726
Unisys is a registered trademark of Unisys Corporation. All other brands and products referenced herein are acknowledged to be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
- Contact Information
- Brian Daly
- Unisys Corporation
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.