On-the-Go: Motorola Showcases Bluetooth® Leadership and In-Car Innovation at SEMA Show in Las Vegas
Motorola revs up automotive portfolio with a range of new products
LAS VEGAS – 31 Oct. 2006 – Long recognized for its automotive legacy and leadership in Bluetooth-enabled products, Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) is unveiling new products and technologies at this year’s Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show, further extending its vision of seamless mobility. Empowering the ‘mobile me’ in everyone and providing a dynamic range of mobile communications through a diverse suite of Bluetooth-enabled products, Motorola is anticipating and fulfilling the needs of on-the-go users.
As consumers look for new and convenient ways to stay in touch via mobile phone, headset, laptop or car, Motorola’s Bluetooth-enabled automotive products leverage the company’s 75 years of automotive experience, providing the most innovative and forward-thinking Bluetooth-enabled in-car communication options.
“Motorola is continuing to revolutionize in-car communication with unique options that deliver communication and entertainment on the road” said Greg Estell, corporate vice president, MobileME Companion Products, Motorola. “This year’s SEMA Show is an opportunity to showcase our latest Bluetooth-enabled products and solutions, which combine innovation with strong design and high performance connectivity.”
Entertaining and Cutting-Edge
* Motorola Hands-Free Speaker T305 – Portable, just clip to the visor and go! With the latest enhanced echo and noise reduction technology as well as a powerful 1-watt speakerphone, the palm-sized Motorola T305 allows for high-quality hands-free conversations in even the noisiest environments. Taking the stress out of connecting with friends, family or business contacts on the move, the sleek and dynamic Motorola T305 is the perfect accessory to add to any vehicle.*
* Motorola Music and Hands-Free System T605 – Experience wireless entertainment on-the-road with the new and feature-packed Motorola Bluetooth Automotive Music & Hands-free System T605.* Streamline the driving experience by integrating digital music and calls from a compatible Bluetooth-enabled mobile device into a vehicle’s compatible stereo system. As a gateway to the car’s speaker system, the T605 allows for Bluetooth wireless or MP3 wired music listening – while also muting the song when a call comes in and resuming music when the call is over.** Professional installation and an adapter harness, sold separately, allow custom integration of the T605 into the car sound system.
* Motorola iRadio™– Motorola iRadio is an innovative mobile music subscription service that allows users to discover new music and play their personal digital music collection on the one device they are never without – their iRadio-enabled mobile phone. Using the optional stereo Bluetooth car adapter, iRadio streams seamlessly from the phone to the car stereo, allowing users to enjoy iRadio wherever they go. With hundreds of commercial-free stations, iRadio lets users listen to everything from major label hit makers to indie gems and everything in between.
* Motorola ic502 – Motorola ic502 is the first dual-mode iDEN™/CDMA handset that allows users to seamlessly connect to the CDMA network for voice and data calls and the iDEN network for Push-To-Talk (PTT) capabilities. Its rugged clamshell offers dual displays and 1xRTT data for browsing and various other online applications.
* MOTORAZR™ V3m for Sprint – Combining the power of Sprint’s high speed EVDO network with impressive good looks, the MOTORAZR V3m operates on Sprint’s Power VisionSM Network enabling downloads of the latest news, music and entertainment content at broadband-like speeds.***
* Motorola i885 for Boost Mobile™– The youth-focused, trendy i885 handset, offered exclusively through Boost Mobile, comes equipped with a 2.0 megapixel camera with video capabilities, an MP3 player and customizable skins and themes that allow the user to express their sense of style.
Proving that great design stretches from wheels to wireless devices, Motorola will also be showcasing the Boost Mobile and Motorola-sponsored Ferrari F430GT, campaigned in the American Le Mans Series by Risi Competizione. Demonstrating Motorola’s commitment to quality, performance and design, this masterpiece of automotive design will be displayed alongside in-car and hands-free products designed to integrate with a vehicle and make seamless connectivity effortless on the road.
Motorola products MOTO Q and Motorola Bluetooth Car Kit IHF1000 will be on display, integrated in the Volvo C30, a joint collaboration between Volvo, German tuner Heico Sportiv and Burton Snowboards that will incorporate the 2008 Motorola Burton snowboards and boots, promising the ultimate for active lifestyle enthusiasts. For additional photos and information, please visit www.volvocars-pr.com.
Motorola is also partnering with Volkswagen of America at SEMA. The Motorola Bluetooth Car Kit IHF1000 can be purchased and installed through Volkswagen dealers nationally. The Motorola IHF1000 can be integrated seamlessly into all new Volkswagen models with conversations broadcast through VW audio systems.
Motorola is known around the world for innovation and leadership in wireless and broadband communications. Inspired by our vision of Seamless Mobility, the people of Motorola are committed to helping you get and stay connected simply and seamlessly to the people, information, and entertainment that you want and need. We do this by designing and delivering “must have” products, “must do” experiences and powerful networks -- along with a full complement of support services. A Fortune 100 company with global presence and impact, Motorola had sales of US $35.3 billion in 2005. For more information about our company, our people and our innovations, please visit www.motorola.com
# # #
Certain mobile phone features may not be available throughout the entire network or their functionality may be limited. All features, functionality and other product specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
*The use of wireless devices and their accessories may be prohibited or restricted in certain areas. Always obey the laws and regulations on the use of these products.
**This device supports Bluetooth hands-free and headset profiles. In order for Bluetooth devices to communicate with one another, they must utilize the same Bluetooth profile. To determine the profiles supported by other Motorola devices, visit www.hellomoto.com/bluetooth. For other devices, contact their respective manufacturer.
***Airtime, data charges, and/or additional charges may apply.
Certain Bluetooth features including those listed may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices, or by certain wireless carriers. Contact your wireless carrier about feature availability and functionality.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office. The Bluetooth trademarks are owned by their proprietor and used by Motorola, Inc. under license. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners. ©Motorola, Inc. 2006. All rights are reserved
- Contact Information
- Molly Sheehan
- Media Contact
- Motorola, Inc.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.