CA Offers Complete Pc Security And Desktop Management Products
2007 Line of Home and Home Office Products Now Available; Providing Complete PC Protection from Internet Threats And Easy-to-Use Data Transfer and Backup
ISLANDIA, N.Y., September 27, 2006 – CA (NYSE: CA) today announced the immediate availability of its 2007 line of PC security solutions and desktop management products for the home and home office. The security products, now simply called CA Internet Security Suite, CA Anti-Spyware, CA Anti-Virus, CA Anti-Spam, and CA Personal Firewall deliver easy-to-use, comprehensive protection against Internet-borne threats that can jeopardize privacy, identity, data and PC performance. In addition, CA Desktop DNA Migrator 2007 quickly and easily transfers files, folders, pictures, music and much more from PC to PC, while providing critical system backup for simple storage and recovery.
“With all of the looming online threats, surfing the Internet today has become akin to swimming with sharks,” said David Luft, senior vice president of Product Development for CA. “Our driving force at CA is to deliver the best possible products to provide a worry-free and optimized PC experience. We have heard from our customers that they want an easy-to-use, comprehensive solution that makes PC security simple and non-intrusive. They don’t need constant alerts, options that are difficult to configure, or a product that degrades their PC’s performance. Our new products provide user-friendly, business-strength protection against a wide range of Internet threats.”
CA Internet Security Suite 2007 offers simplicity and ease-of-use. This one-stop security tool features a Security Center dashboard which allows access to all features and functions, including CA Anti-Virus to eliminate viruses, worms and Trojans; CA Anti-Spyware (formerly CA eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware) to target spyware before it gets to you; CA Anti-Spam to block unwanted spam and phishing attempts; and CA Personal Firewall to stop intruders, block malicious programs and protect personal information on your PC.
Additional features include:
* Secure Now: providing proactive protection by monitoring critical program functions and settings, and reminding users to keep their security optimized
* Threat Outbreak Warning System: delivering real-time content feeds from CA Security Advisor, giving users detailed, up-to-the-minute information on the most recent and prevalent virus and spyware threats
* Improved Real-Time Spyware Protection: helping prevent and remove unwanted ActiveX controls, browser helper objects and browser toolbars; preventing malicious changes to the Windows Host file, Registry and Startup Programs list; and protecting Internet Explorer settings, including users’ home pages, favorites and search pages
* Improved Personal Firewall: using CA’s proprietary, best-of-breed firewall protection
* Industry Certifications: including, ICSA Labs, Virus Bulletin 100% and West Coast Labs Checkmark Certification
In most markets, CA Internet Security Suite also comes with Blue Coat K9 Web Protection Parental Controls, enabling parents to maintain control of their child’s PC by blocking inappropriate Web content.
All CA security products have a small hard drive footprint allowing for efficient use of system resources and insuring fast installation, quick scans and superior usability.
As always, customers receive free daily protection updates, free upgrades to the latest product features and free 24 X 7 online technical support for the life of their subscription.
Data Transfer and Backup
CA Desktop DNA Migrator 2007 enables easy and quick data transfer from PC to PC, saving countless hours of moving files, folders, email address books, settings and more to your new or upgraded PC. In addition, the product helps safeguard information with regularly scheduled backups to help ensure that data is recovered in a disaster event, like a system crash.
While not as ominous a threat as hackers and identity thieves, backing up data is a crucial aspect to PC maintenance. “For many people, their computer crashing and losing their personal files, pictures, music files and everything else is a frustrating and unnecessary emotional and financial loss,” continued Luft. “It is always a good idea to store your data to a disc and keep it in a safe place.”
Key features of CA Desktop DNA Migrator 2007 include:
* Improved Performance: Data transfer is up to 50 percent faster than previous releases
* Improved Automated Disk-Spanning: Automatically spans DNA files to the size of a CD-ROM and places the files in a folder on the desktop for easy backup to a CD-ROM, DVD or other removable media
* Easy-to-Use Wizard Interface: User-friendly interface quickly guides you through the steps to perform the migration
* Easy Backup: Schedule backups of your DNA file to run on a recurring basis and save it to a CD or DVD to protect your settings and data.
* Undo File: An undo file icon is automatically created and placed on the desktop, allowing easy return of your PC to its pre-migration state with a simple double click
* Web Update: Keeps software up-to-date
Pricing and Availability Information
Reflecting the growing trend towards homes with multiple Internet-connected PCs—all of which need proper security software protection—CA now offers Home Protection Packs, which provide protection for up to three PCs in one household. The U.S. pricing for the products is as follows:
* CA Internet Security Suite: $49.99 (MSRP) for a single user; $69.99 (MSRP) for the Home Protection Pack
* CA Anti-Virus: $39.99 (MSRP) for a single user; $49.99 (MSRP) for the Home Protection Pack
* CA Anti-Spyware: $29.99 (MSRP) for the Home Protection Pack
* CA Anti-Spam: $29.99 (MSRP) for the Home Protection Pack
* CA Personal Firewall: $29.99 (MSRP) for the Home Protection Pack
* CA Desktop DNA Migrator: $69.99 (MSRP) for a single user including an Ethernet crossover cable; $39.99 (MSRP) without the cable.
CA’s 2007 Home and Home Office Products are available globally. In the United States, CA Internet Security Suite 2007 and CA Anti-Virus 2007 come complete with unique identity theft and virus protection warranty coverage.
* Up to $5000 Personal Internet and Identity Theft Coverage*
* Up to $1500 Virus Protection†
Both plans are administered by Warranty Corporation of America (WaCA), a full service administration company.
*The Personal Internet and Identity Theft Coverage offer is not available outside of the U.S. or in New York, and may not be available in other jurisdictions.
†Covers up to 3 PCs or laptops, combined limit of $1500. Not available outside of the U.S.
All CA 2007 home and home office products are available online immediately at http://ca.com/consumer or at most major electronics retailers by mid-October.
About CA Home & Home Office
CA Home and Home Office products are offered by leading Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and are used by more than 12 million consumers. The products are based on CA’s enterprise-grade solutions and include a full range of security and utility software solutions. For more information, please visit http://ca.com/consumer.
CA (NYSE: CA), one of the world’s largest information technology (IT) management software companies, unifies and simplifies the management of enterprise-wide IT. Founded in 1976, CA is headquartered in Islandia, N.Y., and serves customers in more than 140 countries. For more information, please visit http://ca.com.
Copyright © 2006 CA. All Rights Reserved. One CA Plaza, Islandia, N.Y. 11749. All trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
- Contact Information
- Jessica Cassady
- Public Relations
- CA Inc.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.