Merritt Island Brakes for Breasts Campaign Succeeds
Local Auto Repair Show raises more than $800 for Breast Cancer Research
“We hope our donation, along with the donations of the other repair shops, will help end this devastating disease.”
Recognizing the toll that breast cancer takes on our society, Inmon Automotive Services addressed this problem with their Brakes for Breasts Campaign.
During the October fundraiser, Brevard residents got free brake pads and 10% of the labor costs went directly to an organization that is pursuing a vaccine against breast cancer.
This is the second year the auto repair shop participated in the program and the results were great as Inmon Auto Repair raised $873.55.
“As parents of a daughter who survived cancer, Terry and I want to do what we can to help find a cure for all forms of cancer, including breast cancer,” said Ivan Inmon, the owner of Inmon Automotive Services. “We hope our donation, along with the donations of the other repair shops, will help end this devastating disease.”
To interview Inmon, please contact Swezey at 321-613-8476 or at firstname.lastname@example.org .
100% of what we donate goes directly to research!
2015 marks the fifth year for the Brakes for Breasts fundraiser.
2011 Our 1st year - 5 shops in Ohio raised $10,000
2012 Our 2nd year - 27 shops in 17 states raised $32,848
2013 Our 3rd year - 66 independent auto repair shops in 27 states raised $66,499
2014 Our 4th year – 143 independent auto repair shops in 29 states raised $115,236.53
This Brakes for Breasts fundraiser is different from any other breast cancer fundraising campaigns:
- Dr. Tuohy at the Cleveland Clinic has actually created a vaccine that has proved effective in laboratory animals in actually preventing breast cancer. Think about Polio, eradicated because of a vaccine, a distant memory for most generations. This is the same principle!
- After 13 long years Dr. Tuohy and his research team are just a year away from their first bedside trial.
- 100% of the proceeds from the ‘Brakes for Breasts’ fundraiser goes directly to the Cleveland Clinic Breast Cancer Vaccine Fund, towards research.
- These are just “mom & pop” shops across the country, independent business owners that have joined hands for a great cause.
- The founder of this fundraiser is Leigh Anne Best, from Mighty Auto Pro, right here in Medina!
- Contact Information
- Brad Swezey
- Publicity Contact
- JustSmallBiz Marketing
- (1) 321-613-8476
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.