New Intelligent Power Modules from STMicroelectronics Enable Greener and More Reliable Appliances
Geneva, November 19, 2015 - New 600V intelligent power modules from STMicroelectronics enhance the efficiency and reliability of motor drives in compressors, pumps, fans, and other domestic and industrial appliances. Targeting drives working up to 20kHz in hard-switching circuits, STís modules enable an increase in energy efficiency over a range of application power outputs from 300W to 3kW.
The new devices build on the success of STís well-proven SLLIMM  ô family of dual-in-line modules. These provide a direct connection between a low-voltage microcontroller and a mains-powered electric motor, replacing up to 10 active components. The SLLIMM 2nd series offers higher performance, increased collector current range, and additional package-technology options that can further reduce the cost of the application by enabling the use of smaller heatsinks.
The SLLIMM 2nd series features a new internal configuration with only two drivers - one high-side driver and one low-side driver - and dedicated trench-gate field-stop IGBTs, resulting in the industryís best compromise between conduction and switching losses, along with outstanding robustness and EMI behavior.
Key technical features include:
- Up to 35A maximum collector current at 25įC;
- Fully molded and DBC (Direct Bond Copper) dual-in-line (38x24 mm2) pin-compatible package options;
- Industryís lowest thermal resistance (Rth) for the DBC package versions;
- Internal bootstrap diode to reduce BOM and simplify layout;
- 175įC maximum operating junction temperature;
- 1500 Vrms minimum isolation (no opto-coupler required);
- Low VCE(sat);
- Low EMI;
- Separate open emitter outputs to simplify PCB routing for single- and three-phase applications;
- Built-in temperature sensor and NTC (Negative Temperature Coefficient) option;
- Comparator for fault protection;
- Shutdown input/fault detection output;
- Two pin-out and two lead-frame options.
Most of the devices in STís SLLIMM 2nd series are in full production, with pricing starting at US$9.5 in quantities of 1,000 units.
For more information, please go to www.st.com/modules† Small Low-Loss Intelligent Molded Module
( Press Release Image: http://photos.webwire.com/prmedia/39750/200954/200954-1.jpg )
- Contact Information
- Michael Markowitz
- Director WW Technical Media Relations
- (1) 781 591-0354
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.