Thomson Financial Enhances Thomson Datastream To Improve Customer Experience
LONDON, 09/11/2006 - Thomson Financial, a division of The Thomson Corporation (NYSE: TOC; TSX: TOC), today announced the release of a new interface to Thomson Datastream, the world’s largest historical financial numerical database, aimed at enhancing user productivity through intuitive functionality, enhanced integration with Microsoft Office and further integration with the Thomson ONE platform.
Thomas Aubrey, Investment Management Director, Thomson Financial commented: “We appreciate the need for continued investment to support Thomson Datastream’s market leading position as clients, especially in investment management and the hedge fund communities, rely on this solution to underpin their investment philosophies. The new, intuitive interface and enhanced functionality is in direct response to client feedback following extensive user research and testing. We have a strong understanding of our clients’ requirements and these enhancements will have a tangible impact in helping improve their productivity and efficiency.”
The investment in Thomson Datastream includes the following new interfaces, integration and content enhancements:
* New interface – to facilitate access to full breadth and depth of Thomson Datastream content, with direct links to more-intuitive series search facilities reducing the number of clicks needed to access required content.
* Enhanced integration with Microsoft Office - to deliver greater flexibility when manipulating Thomson Datastream content in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, such as the facility to re-edit transferred charts.
* Improved data integration in Excel – to increase the speed of refresh by up to five times, in response to increasing use of Thomson Datastream by clients to drive complex financial models.
* Further integration into the Thomson ONE for Investment Management – to enable a common look and feel, along with the sharing of index as well as equity symbols between the Datastream and Thomson ONE pages.
* Additional content - including extensive Credit Default Swaps coverage, drawing on over 7,500 securities, as well as the whole range of iTraxx CDS indices.
Thomson Datastream is the world’s largest and most respected historical financial numerical database covering an unparalleled breadth of financial instruments, equity and fixed income securities, and macro economic indicators for over 175 countries and 60 markets worldwide. Datastream Advance 4.0 seamlessly integrates Datastream’s unrivalled financial databases in a single interface on the clients’ desktop. It offers sophisticated yet flexible analysis and charting facilities, and a powerful set of add-ins that enable the data and charts to be dynamically retrieved and manipulated within the user’s Microsoft Office applications. Datastream Advance 4.0 deploys a centrally based and browser delivered series navigation component that facilitates identification of the correct time series from over 25 million available on Datastream.
About Thomson Financial
Thomson Financial is a US$1.9 billion provider of information and technology solutions to the worldwide financial community. Through the widest range of products and services in the industry, Thomson Financial helps clients in more than 70 countries make better decisions, be more productive and achieve superior results. Thomson Financial is part of The Thomson Corporation (www.thomson.com), a global leader in providing integrated information solutions to business and professional customers. Thomson provides value-added information, software tools and applications to more than 20 million users in the fields of law, tax, accounting, financial services, higher education, reference information, corporate e-learning and assessment, scientific research and healthcare. With revenues of US$8.4 billion, The Thomson Corporation lists its common shares on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges (NYSE: TOC; TSX: TOC).
- Contact Information
- Sally Cates
- Vice President, External Communications
- Thomson Financial
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.