How To Get Into The $9.6 Billion Self-Improvement Business
New Guide Provides Blueprint and Steps For Success
"This is the only publication that teaches how to enter the self-improvement field and make a career of it." – John LaRosa, President, Marketdata
March 4, 2015 - Marketdata Enterprises, Inc., a leading independent market research publisher since 1979, has released a new 87-page Guide entitled: “How To Get Into The Self-Improvement Business”. This is the ONLY known guide of its kind.
According to Research Director, John LaRosa: “The self-improvement business is huge and growing. Many people now want to leverage their life/work experience and make an income and career in self-improvement, but don’t know how to get started. Do they write a book? Do they hold seminars and webinars? Do they try to break into the paid speaking circuit? Or, do they become a personal coach? Exactly HOW do they do it at a minimal investment and what steps should they take? This new Guide provides that information.”
The Guide is for anyone who wants to build a self-improvement product or business, entrepreneurs especially. Including:
- People who want to write a book
- Those who want to be a motivational speaker
- People that want to hold workshops and seminars
- Those who want to build their own brand as a personal coach or consultant
- People that want to host webcasts, webinars and teleseminars.
Tony Robbins, Deepak Chopra, Wayne Dyer, Brian Tracy, Brendon Burchard, Suze Orman and many other multi-millionaires did not wake up one day and say: –“I’m going to be an expert”– and instantly have their books hit the bestseller list, book $50,000 speeches, and appear on TV. Sorry, it doesn’t work that way. They had a plan, a blueprint, and they learned from others already in the business. They were newbies in the beginning. They made mistakes. Now there is a blueprint for success.
Marketdata analysts estimate that it takes at least $2,200 to enter the motivational speaker business and $2,500 to become a personal coach. This assumes that the person joins a national trade association and/or gets certified, which is highly recommended.
Topics Covered in the Guide:
Market Value… Discussion of the market’s nature & definition, characteristics, major developments of past two years, avg. customer profile, why demand exists for programs.
· Findings of interviews with market movers & shakers, technology trends, marketing methods.
· Changing of the guard: older gurus retiring and dying, who will replace them?
· The explosion of SI content via Internet entrepreneurs – discussion.
· Negative publicity still exists: indictment of Kevin Trudeau, company closures and criticisms.
Market Size & Growth, Segments: Table & Discussion of total market size, growth, outlook (2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013-14, 2018 forecasts), estd. $ size of major segments BY DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL : Infomercials, motivational speakers, seminars, holistic institutes, books, audiobooks, personal coaching
· Market Segment Outlooks : mkt. size/growth/characteristics/trends for:
- Motivational speakers market
- Personal coaching market
- Public seminars market
- Self-improvement books market
- Audiobooks market
- Holistic institutes - List: Address list of the 16 major holistic institutes in the U.S.
- Training organizations: Dale Carnegie, Toastmasters, Franklin-Covey
- Websites & Internet mastery courses
Status report of the U.S. Weight Loss Industry ($ size 2002-2014, by 10 mkt. segments, trends, dieter demographics/number, mkt. nature, major mkt. trends/developments, etc.)
· Steps you need to take to become a successful self-improvement expert
- - Products & services gurus must have
- - The most successful gurus all have multiple distribution channels
- - How to create a website at low cost
- - How to perform teleseminars
- - How to perform webinars – low cost methods like Google+
- - Creating a You Tube videos channel
- - Doing local Free seminars or speeches
- - Setting up a merchant account to accept credit cards.
- Table : Estimated Start-up Costs For Self-improvement businesses; expenses, by type.
· Why you must write a self-improvement book as your foundation, topics, marketing your book, e-books vs.
· How to become a successful personal coach:
- - Limitations: your own time vs. a staff of coaches: how the big guys do it
- - What consumers think of coaches, when they use them
- - Number of coaches and average earnings
- - How to market yourself
- - Coaching specialty areas
· How to become a successful motivational speaker:
- - How does one start out – discussion of getting your feet wet, knowing your audience
- - Speaking opportunities – where can you speak?
- - Your contract, media kit, testimonials: tools of the trade
- - Joining speaker’s bureaus
- - Characteristics of NSA members: earnings, other sources of revenue.
About The Guide
How To Get Into The Self-Improvement Business, published in March, 2015, is an independently researched publication. The Guide is 87 pages in length. It costs $99. A free table of contents is available by mail, email or fax. Contact: Marketdata Enterprises, Inc. (813) 907-9090. John LaRosa is available for interviews.
Marketdata Enterprises, Inc. is an independent market research firm and 21-year analyst of the U.S. self-improvement market, since 1994. Marketdata also publishes market studies about a wide variety of other service sectors and emerging markets Also available: custom research, consulting, teleconferences.
- Contact Information
- John LaRosa
- Research Director
- Marketdata Enterprises, Inc.
- (1) 813-907-9090
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.