DuPont Pioneer Awards Ontario Farmers Achieving Top Yields
Ontario Corn Yield Challenge (OCYC) Recognizes Yield Heroes
DuPont Pioneer congratulates 11 growers with top-performing Pioneer® brand products, as part of the fifth annual Ontario Corn Yield Challenge (OCYC). More than 260 growers from across Ontario participated in the challenge.
“The Ontario Corn Yield Challenge is an engaging opportunity for us, it’s always fascinating to see how growers push the limits and reconfirm the trust they put in Pioneer,” said Steve Bent, area manager, DuPont Pioneer Canada. “It’s a highlight for the Pioneer team to review so many success stories at the end of harvest.”
The 11 winners represent different maturities across Ontario. While there is no overall winner because of the differences in heat unit regions, the highest yield attained was 334 bu/ac by Randy Vandeheede of Simcoe, Ont., growing Pioneer® brand hybrid P0506AM™. Vandeheede also produced the highest yield in 2014.
“Growers really are pushing the limits on their farm,” said Bent. “We have seen individuals increase their yields by over 30 bushels per acre from one year to the next.”
A complete list of winners follows:
- Randy Vandeheede (Simcoe, Ont.): 334 bu/ac, growing Pioneer® P0506AM™ brand corn
- Joe Lacey (Thedford, Ont.): 326 bu/ac, growing Pioneer® P0216AM™ brand corn
- Jim Soetemans (Watford, Ont.): 297 bu/ac, growing Pioneer® P0496AMX™ brand corn
- Greg Squires (Walsingham, ON): 250 bu/ac, growing Pioneer® P1184AM™ brand corn
- Mark and Chris Boersma (Ridgetown, Ont.) 272 bu/ac, growing Pioneer® P0216AM™ brand corn
- Peter Harvey (Cookstown, Ont.): 268 bu/ac, growing Pioneer® P0094AM™ brand corn
- Chris Schouten (Richmond, Ont.): 260 bu/ac, growing Pioneer® P9917AMX™ brand corn
- Dean, Rylan and Clifford Foster (Picton, Ont.): 248 bu/ac, growing Pioneer® P1184AM™ brand corn
- Rob Cox (Uxbridge, Ont.): 235 bu/ac, growing Pioneer® P0157AM™ brand corn
- Stew Martin and Rob Bauman (Breslau, Ont.): 224 bu/ac, growing Pioneer® P9526AM™ brand corn
- Nick Wilson (Newton, Ont.): 230 bu/ac, growing Pioneer® P9675AMXT™ brand corn
The information collected by Pioneer through the challenge is another way the company collaborates with growers to increase research initiatives and improve yield per acre in growers’ fields by putting the right product on the right acre.
All 11 winners of the OCYC receive a trip for two to the Commodity Classic in Phoenix, Ariz., Feb. 26-28. The Commodity Classic ‘is a one-of-a-kind convention and tradeshow that is farmer-focused and farmer-led.’
DuPont Pioneer is the world’s leading developer and supplier of advanced plant genetics, providing high-quality seeds to farmers in more than 90 countries. Pioneer provides agronomic support and services to help increase farmer productivity and profitability and strives to develop sustainable agricultural systems for people everywhere. Science with Service Delivering Success®.
DuPont (NYSE: DD) has been bringing world-class science and engineering to the global marketplace in the form of innovative products, materials and services since 1802. The company believes that by collaborating with customers, governments, NGOs and thought leaders, we can help find solutions to such global challenges as providing enough healthy food for people everywhere, decreasing dependence on fossil fuels, and protecting life and the environment. For additional information about DuPont and its commitment to inclusive innovation, please visit www.dupont.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.