The Most Family Friendly San Mateo County Fair Starts in 30 Days
The 80th Annual San Mateo County Fair 2014 is June 7-15th, just one month away. The Fair has new programs for moms, kids, dads and families to help them enjoy their Fair experience the moment they walk on the grounds.
The purchase of a fair ticket or season pass for all nine days of the Fair includes all concerts, exhibits and attractions. Visit: www.sanmateocountyfair.com
"This year’s Fair is more family friendly than ever. With healthy food options, cooking demonstrations, DIY and technology exhibits for the kids." Chris Carpenter, General Manager and SVP of Sales, San Mateo County Event Center.
The 80th Annual San Mateo County Fair 2014 is June 7-15th, just one month away. The Fair has new programs for moms, kids, dads and families to help them enjoy their Fair experience the moment they walk on the grounds. The purchase of a fair ticket or season pass for all nine days of the Fair includes all concerts, exhibits and attractions. Closing the Fair is Dia de la Feria, a celebration of the Bay Area’s Hispanic cultural influence with special entertainment and music played throughout the grounds.
Here are a few tips and highlights from the Fair staff:
• Look for health, nutrition and cooking demonstrations and exhibits showcasing the county’s local farms and agriculture as part of the Fair’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program –Education (SNAP-Ed).
• Free concerts with Fair admission ticket. Still the best value in the Bay Area. This year’s entertainment lineup includes: Air Supply, Brian McKnight, War, Marshall Tucker Band and Evolution – The Ultimate Journey Tribute, Super Diamond – The Neil Diamond Experience, LaserSpectacular featuring the Music of Pink Floyd, and All You Need is Love – A Beatles Tribute Concert. Latin Music on Sunday, June 15th for Dia de la Feria includes: Grupo Yndio, Los Caminantes, Los Mismos and more.
• Fair staff recommend that fairgoers purchase a season pass to see the Fair and free concerts all 9 days! Purchase by June 1st for just $20 Adults; $18 Youth and Seniors. After June 1st, Season Passes are $25 for Adults, and $20 for Youth and Seniors.
• New Carnival Ride! The Freak Out, the Fair’s newest carnival ride, flies passengers 40 feet into the air. And Fair favorites like the Ferris Wheel, Zillerator, and rollercoasters.
• Kid’s Education: The Technology and Do It Yourself (DIY) exhibits are back again this year! Kids get hands on experience with innovative new concepts and devices such as 3-D printers. See how much fun a Do it Yourself environment can be for kids! In addition, 4-H, Future Farmers of America (FFA), painting, fine art, cooking and healthy eating are just part of the fun.• Free Grounds Acts include stiltwalkers, Sudsy’s Barn, an interactive hand washing educational experience; the Cutest Show on Earth, where your child can star in a performance; pony rides, characters strolling throughout the grounds, and much more.
• Just for Moms- Baby changing stations are located in restrooms throughout the Fair and in a special mom’s tent where mom’s can take a moment to relax.
• Fair Food –Funnel cakes, fried Oreos, delicious barbeque and look for our Healthy Food Fare choices. Each food concession will have at least one healthy food choice option approved by the San Mateo County Department of Public Health. Also look for the culinary contests, home brewing and winemaking and cooking demonstrations. This year marks the first Agri-Tourism exhibit at the Fair that features local farms, the vegetables that are grown in our county and how to cook them.
This year’s San Mateo County Fair will run from June 7-15th, 2014 with new activities, entertainment, and concerts each day.
About The San Mateo County FairThe San Mateo County Fair “Where Tradition Meets Innovation” boasts a stunning variety of world-class musical entertainment, live performances, fun festival food, local and traditional contests, and a “Ferris Wheeling” carnival. The Fair lasts nine days and will be attended by over 130,000 guests.The San Mateo County Event Center is the host of the San Mateo County Fair, which will be held June 7-15, 2014. Visit the web site: www.sanmateocountyfair.com often for regular updates, contest rules, entertainment schedules, promotions, giveaways and sponsorship information.
( Press Release Image: http://photos.webwire.com/prmedia/20078/187715/187715-1.jpg )
- Contact Information
- Sandra Evans
- Public Relations Manager San Mateo County Fair
- Sandra Evans & Associates (SE&A)
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.