How To Build Your Own Low Cost HackLab – FREE Webinar
Learn how to use VMWare or Virtualbox to build an infrastructure that emulates a real company so you can practice hacking in a safe, and more importantly, LEGAL environment.
Joe McCray, CEO/Founder of Strategic Security is going to host a webinar on building a low cost hacklab. Learn how to use VMWare or Virtualbox to build an infrastructure that emulates a real company so you can practice hacking in a safe, and more importantly, LEGAL environment.
Learn all the tricks of the trade that penetration testers use to practice their skills, test out new attacks, and prepare for upcoming penetration tests. Joe will be covering things like:
• Pentester Tips
- How to keep up with the latest vulnerabilities and exploits
- Deciding what types of vulnerabilities to put in the network
- Deciding how to design the network
- Deciding what defensive measures to put into the network
• Hardware Tips
- Should you use an old machine/old laptop
- Should you build a whitebox for this
- What types of hardware should you buy
• Software Tips
- Where do you get all of the operating systems from
- Where do you get all of the vulnerable applications from
• VMWare Tips
- Creating linked clones in ESXI
- Deploying Snort or Surricata in ESXI
- vSwitch features that you may want to use in your environment
• VirtualBox Tips
- Building and running VirtualBox Headless with PHPVirtualbox
- Creating Backups and clones of running VMs in VirtualBox
- Using raw devices to create a Virtualbox VM
- Setting up a serial port between VirtualBox VMs
- Taking screenshots of VirtualBox VMs
The webinar will be held on Thu, Oct 10, 2013 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT. Click the link below to sign up for this FREE webinar:
Joe McCray has also developed a ‘Pentester Lab Network’ offering that takes building a hacklab to the next level. You can read more about it here:
It’s a target network that emulates a medium sized enterprise company. There are hundreds of hosts in the network with different targets ranging from XP to Windows 8, Server 2003 to Server 2012, lots of Linux/Unix flavors and tons of popular IT products/technologies (Sharepoint, Exchange, Lync, Oracle, PeopleSoft, and so much more).
Each month Joe will be giving away what he calls “Pathways” which are attack scenario walkthroughs that will take you through attacking several hosts in a unique combination. The regular cost of this lab access ranges from $100 to $300 per month depending on the package you purchase. For this week only Joe is willing to give you 3 months of the gold package (a regular $900 deal) for $300.
- Contact Information
- Joe McCray
- Strategic Security
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.