IntercontinentalExchange Announces April 29 Launch of 35 New Futures Contracts
LONDON - IntercontinentalExchange (NYSE: ICE), a leading operator of global markets and clearing houses, today announced the introduction of 35 new energy, environmental, freight and ferrous metal contracts on April 29, 2013.
The new contracts, which will be cleared at ICE Clear Europe and are subject to completion of relevant regulatory processes, include global crude oil, gasoline, middle distillate, natural gas liquid, natural gas, power, environmental, freight and iron ore futures and options products. With the products announced today, ICE will offer over 800 energy contracts.
The following contracts will be listed on ICE Futures Europe:
Global Crude Oil Futures and Options Contracts
• Brent 6-Month Calendar Spread Bullet Future
• Brent 6-Month Calendar Spread Option
• Dated Brent (Platts) Average Price Option1
• Dubai 1st Line (Platts) Average Price Option1
Gasoline Futures Contracts
• Argus Eurobob Oxy FOB Rotterdam Barges vs Brent 1st Line Future (in Bbls)²
• RBOB Gasoline 1st Line vs Argus Eurobob Oxy FOB Rotterdam Barges Future (in Bbls)²
• Premium Unleaded Gasoline 10ppm CIF NWE Cargoes (Platts) Future3
Middle Distillates Futures and Average Price Option (APO) Contracts
• Singapore Jet Kero (Platts) vs Singapore Gasoil (Platts) Balmo Future4
• Jet FOB Rotterdam Barges (Platts) Future3
• Singapore Gasoil (Platts) APO4
• Singapore Jet Kerosene (Platts) APO4
• Jet CIF NWE Cargoes (Platts) APO3
UK Natural Gas and Power Futures Contracts
• ICE UK Natural Gas (EUR/MWh) Future
• ICE UK Natural Gas Daily Future
• ICE UK Peak Electricity Future (Gregorian)
• ICE UK Base Electricity Future (Gregorian)
Natural Gas Liquids Futures Contract
Propane, OPIS CIF ARA ToT Cargoes Future5
Freight Average Price Options (APO) Contracts
• TC2 FFA-Northwest Europe to USAC (Baltic) APO
• TC4 FFA-Singapore to Japan (Platts) APO6
• TC5 FFA-Arabian Gulf to Japan (Platts) APO6
• TC6 FFA-Skikda to Lavera (Cross Med) (Baltic) APO
• TC14 FFA-USGC to Continent (Baltic) APO
• TD3 FFA-Arabian Gulf to Japan (Baltic) APO
• TD5 FFA-West Africa to USAC (Baltic) APO
• TD7 FFA-UK North Sea to Continent (Baltic) APO
Iron Ore Futures Contract
• Iron Ore 62% Fe (TSI), 500 dmt CFR Tianjin Future7
The following contracts will be listed on ICE Futures U.S.:
North American Natural Gas Futures Contracts
• Iroquois (Into) Basis (Platts) Future8
• Iroquois-Z2 Basis (Platts) Future8
• Iroquois (Into) Swing (Platts) Future8
• Iroquois-Z2 Swing (Platts) Future8
• Iroquois (Into) Index (Platts) Future8
• Iroquois-Z2 Index (Platts) Future8
North American Environmental Futures Contracts
• RIN D4 (Platts) Future9
• RIN D5 (Platts) Future9
• RIN D6 (Platts) Future9
1. These contracts reference Platts Crude Oil Marketwire.
2. These contracts reference Argus European Products report.
3. These contracts reference Platts European Marketscan.
4. These contracts reference Platts Asia-Pacific/Arab Gulf Marketscan.
5. This contract references the OPIS Europe LPG Report.
6. These contracts reference Platts Clean Tankerwire.
7. This contract references The Steel Index’s Iron Ore Daily Edition.
8. These contracts reference Platts Gas Daily
9. These contracts reference Platts Biofuelscan
IntercontinentalExchange (NYSE: ICE) is a leading operator of regulated exchanges and clearing houses serving the risk management needs of global markets for agricultural, credit, currency, emissions, energy and equity index products. www.theice.com. The following are trademarks of IntercontinentalExchange, Inc. and/or its affiliated companies: IntercontinentalExchange, ICE, ICE and block design, ICE Futures Europe, ICE Clear Europe, ICE Clear Canada, ICE Clear US, ICE Clear Credit, ICE Futures U.S., and ICE OTC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. For more information regarding registered trademarks owned by IntercontinentalExchange, Inc. and/or its affiliated companies, see https://www.theice.com/terms.jhtml
Platts, a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies, is a leading global energy, petrochemicals, metals and agriculture information provider. “Platts”, “Platts Crude Oil Marketwire”, “Platts European Marketscan”, “Platts Asia-Pacific/Arab Gulf Marketscan”, “Platts Steel Markets Daily”, “Platts Gas Daily”, “Platts Biofuelscan”, “Platts Metal Alert”, and “The Steel Index’s Iron Ore Daily Edition” are trademarks of The McGraw-Hill Companies. The Steel Business Briefing Group and its specialist pricing unit The Steel Index (TSI) was acquired in 2011 by Platts. Platts’ data and trademarks are proprietary and are used under license. Platts does not sponsor, endorse, sell or promote exchange contracts and Platts accepts no liability for the use of Platts data in connection therewith.
Argus Media is a leading provider of price assessments, business intelligence, market data, consultancy and conferences on the global crude, oil products, natural gas, electricity, coal, emissions, bioenergy, fertilizer and transportation industries. Argus energy and fertilizer prices are widely used by leading companies, governments and international agencies as benchmarks in supply contracts, risk management and planning. “ARGUS”, is a trademark of Argus Media Limited and is used under license. All copyrights and database rights in Argus data belong exclusively to Argus Media Limited. Argus takes no position on the purchase and sale of exchange contracts and accept no liability in connection with any use of Argus data.
Oil Price Information Service (OPIS) is a leading worldwide source for petroleum pricing and news information and has offices in North America, Europe and Asia. OPIS is the most widely accepted pricing benchmark for natural gas liquids (NGLs) supply contracts and competitive positioning. Visit www.opisnet.com for more information.
Safe Harbor Statement
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 - Statements in this press release regarding IntercontinentalExchange’s business that are not historical facts are “forward-looking statements” that involve risks and uncertainties. For a discussion of additional risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements, see ICE’s Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings, including, but not limited to, the risk factors in ICE’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2012, as filed with the SEC on February 6, 2013.
News Provided by Acquire Media
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.