Multiven Reports the Top Three Causes of IP Network Failures in 2012
96 per cent of all problems that impact Internet performance attributed to human error and software misconfiguration
- Cisco IOS software bugs
- Ill-advised software upgrades and unnecessary replacement of hardware in production networks by inexperienced support personnel
- Inaccurate handover communication between the in-house support engineers of network operators
The ranking is based upon a representative sample composed of three sources of data from over 1000 end-customer problems across Telco, Government, enterprise and academia networks worldwide, and it includes;
- Analyzed trending data collected in 2012 from technical support engineers worldwide.
- Detailed analysis of the root causes of IP network problems resolved by Multiven MTAC in 2012 for organizations across all vertical markets
- Observed end-customer behaviour
Peter Alfred-Adekeye, founder and CEO of Multiven, the leading provider of cloud-based management and maintenance services for all IP networks, states “The detailed breakdown of the root causes of outages and degradation on IP networks in 2012 confirm the fact that human error and misconfigured software account for 96 percent of all problems, software bugs represent 3 percent whilst only 1 percent resulted from faulty hardware. It is thus safe to say that the Internet infrastructure is inherently reliable at the hardware layer. CIOs with IP Networks that experience RMA rates above 1 percent now know that there is a deficiency in technical competence of their current maintenance service provider"
Multiven is the leading provider of cloud-based management and maintenance services for all IP networks. By offering service-as-a-utility, powered by its cloud-based global workforce of elite network experts, while leading consumer advocacy that ensures customer choice and value, Multiven is realizing its mission of making the Internet network globally available, reliable and affordable. For more information about Multiven, please visit www.multiven.com.
Multiven is a registered trademark of Multiven, Inc. and Multiven GmbH. All other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.
- Contact Information
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.