Toyota Material Handling Hosts Lean Training Workshop
Toyota Material Handling, a member of the US Lean Factory Group, is opening its doors to a Lean training workshop on March 26-28 2013, on the subject of Lean Material Management.
The Lean Factory Group, a non-profit organization with the mission of promoting Lean methods and thinking in US companies, will be sponsoring a workshop on March 26-28 at the main Toyota Material Handling plant in Columbus, Indiana. This 3-day activity, titled Lean Material Management, will cover the best practices for material management and handling in use at Toyota and other leading companies. Students will have the unique opportunity to tour a 2011 Plant of the Year (Industry Week) as well as design a mixed-model Kanban system as a part of the training.
Here’s what participants had to say about the Lean Material Management Workshop held at Toyota in December 2012:
- “Excellent. Perfect environment at Toyota. It was extremely helpful to go and see actual examples of the text materials.”
- “Great communication of ideas and process.”
- “Very hands on; the Toyota personnel were very informative.”
- “Well thought out with good exercises.”
- “Very well managed - knowledgeable staff.”
The workshop will be taught by senior trainers from Leonardo Group Americas, the authors of The Complete Guide to Mixed Model Production and 20-year veterans of Lean implementation for manufacturing and hospitals. Plant tours and lunch Q&E sessions will be lead by Toyota staff.
- Contact Information
- Richard Rahn
- Leonardo Group Americas LLC
- (1) 303-494-4404 x706
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.