New Renault Symbol: a status-enhancing yet affordable family saloon
New Renault Symbol is being given its first public airing at the Istanbul Motor Show. The newcomer’s upgraded, modern equipment specification and revised engine range ensure it has all the ingredients to make it a hit with customers in Renault’s international markets.
• New Renault Symbol features Renault’s new styling identity which provides it with a modern, even more dynamic stance.
• Comfort has been enhanced by a raft of modern technologies, including cruise control with speed limiter, automatic climate control and the Renault Media Nav navigation system which incorporates a wide touchscreen display, plus USB and Bluetooth® connectivity.
• A new petrol engine (TCe 90, 5.3 litres/100km*), as well as a choice of economical diesel powerplants that are even more respectful of the environment.
• New Renault Symbol’s reliability is backed by a three-year or 100,000km warranty.
“New Renault Symbol delivers a level of equipment normally associated with vehicles from the next segment up,” notes Evrim Gouillou, Marketing Project Manager. “Its new design and attractive equipment package are the perfect answer to meet the demands of customers in Renault’s international markets.”
New Renault Symbol features Renault’s new styling cues. As is the case with all the brand’s new models, the front logo is larger and sits in a more prominent, upright position in the middle of a wide, black, chrome-trimmed grille strip.
A standard of comfort and technologies worthy of the next segment up
New Renault Symbol seats up to five adults in perfect comfort thanks to the availability of even more room for rear passengers.
In response to the needs of customers in Renault’s international markets, New Renault Symbol comes with a more extensive equipment package, including (depending on version) the Renault Media Nav multimedia navigation system complete with a wide, seven-inch (18cm) touchscreen colour display. Meanwhile, USB and Bluetooth® connectivity enables occupants to enjoy music stored on portable players and to make or take telephone calls in total safety. The specification also includes cruise control with speed limiter, while modularity is enhanced by the 60/40-split folding rear bench seat.
A choice of more economical and more environmentally-respectful engines
New Renault Symbol’s customers will be able to specify the new TCe 90 petrol engine. The fuel consumption of this 90-horsepower powerplant is just 5.3 litres/100km*, equivalent to 122g of CO2/km*. The list also includes the dCi 75 and dCi 90 diesel engines, the fuel consumption and CO2 emissions of which have come down to 3.9 litres/100km* and 103g/km* respectively.
Renault’s hallmark quality
New Renault Symbol has been engineered for use by customers in Renault’s international markets and comes with a three-year/100,000km warranty.
Following its unveiling at the Istanbul Motor Show, New Renault Symbol is scheduled to go on sale in Turkey at the beginning of 2013, before being released in Algeria and Tunisia.
* Homologated fuel consumption and CO2 emissions
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.