Hitachi Data Systems Helps Oil Companies Accelerate Energy Discovery
Solutions Optimized for Energy, Oil and Gas Exploration to be Showcased at the 2012 SEG Conference
SANTA CLARA, Calif. — Hitachi Data Systems Corporation (HDS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., (TSE: 6501),has developed a new project data management solution with enhanced backup and recovery capabilities for Schlumberger’s Petrel* reservoir software. The solution will increase productivity and accelerate workflow analysis and decision making. HDS will spotlight this solution and others through featured demonstrations at the 2012 Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG) Conference and Exhibition, November 4-9, at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada..
“Faster time to production is the mantra for energy exploration and production companies globally,” said Ravi Chalaka, vice president, Solutions Marketing, Hitachi Data Systems. “Essential to meeting this goal is the speed with which today’s geoscientist can manage and analyze a large array of diverse, big datasets to find commercially viable hydrocarbon reserves. Hitachi Data Systems provides advanced information management solutions that enable end-to-end performance, scalability and reliable operation. These capabilities are required to accelerate workflow analysis and critical decision making for oil and gas exploration. We look forward to featuring many of these solutions at the upcoming SEG Conference.”
The oil and gas industry is one of the largest consumers of data in the world. Ever-changing business requirements for the discovery and production of hydrocarbons require new solutions that meet stringent demands. Hitachi Data Systems information management solutions deliver cost efficiency, reliability, performance and advanced data management features. These advantages help customers meet the challenges of today’s data-intensive oil and gas exploration and production, as well as strict project deadlines.
Hitachi Data Systems to Showcase Optimized Solutions for the Energy, Oil and Gas Market at SEG 2012
Attendees ofSEG 2012 can experience the full technical capabilities and benefits of Hitachi Data Systems solutions for energy, oil and gas exploration and production. The company will demonstrate the power of its technologies at Booth #1572, where many presentations are scheduled each day to highlight the following solutions and technologies:
• Enhanced Backup and Recovery for Schlumberger Petrel: The Hitachi integrated plug-in for Schlumberger’s Petrel reservoir software enables advanced project data management by automatically synchronizing active data with centrally managed storage from Hitachi Data Systems. Providing 4 times more snapshot capacity than the leading competitor, Hitachi enhanced backup and recovery for Schlumberger Petrel accelerates productivity by reducing the downtime associated with uploading files to central storage repositories. The plug-in provides extensive, collaborative “what if” analysis to help drive increased efficiencies across a business.Lowers I/O response time by up to 65%.
• Hitachi Data Systems Infrastructure With Lustre: A scale-out network storage reference architecture with the Lustre file system combines seamless access to all data and enterprise-class HDS storage and compute infrastructure for high availability. The presentation highlights scalability and performance with a parallel file system, easy design with pre-architected building blocks utilizing a range of HDS offerings, and simplified management with Intel Chroma
• Hitachi Unified Compute Platform (UCP): This best-in-class converged infrastructure platform enables rapid deployment of mission-critical workloads in the private cloud. Hitachi Unified Compute Platform Pro for VMware vSphere unifies management of virtual and physical resources, allowing customers to increase IT efficiency and gain business velocity.
• Hitachi Compute Blade 500: The high-end features needed in today’s mission critical data center combine with the high compute density and adaptable architecture needed to lower costs and protect investment. The flexible architecture and logical partitioning allow configurations to exactly match application needs, and allow multiple applications to easily and securely co-exist in the same chassis.
• Hitachi Unified Storage and Hitachi Unified Storage VM: These highly scalable unified storage solutions accelerate data-intensive workflows in energy, oil and gas markets. The solutions enable quicker and higher quality decision making, which leads to lower risk and more business opportunities. Unique architectural features eliminate the need to compromise between performance and enterprise-class functionality.
About Hitachi Data Systems
Hitachi Data Systems provides best-in-class information technologies, services and solutions that deliver compelling customer ROI, unmatched return on assets (ROA) and demonstrable business impact. With a vision that IT must be virtualized, automated, cloud-ready and sustainable, Hitachi Data Systems offers solutions that improve IT costs and agility. With approximately 5,900 employees worldwide, Hitachi Data Systems does business in more than 100 countries and regions. Hitachi Data Systems products, services and solutions are trusted by the world’s leading enterprises, including more than 70 percent of the Fortune 100 and more than 80 percent of the Fortune Global 100. Hitachi Data Systems believes that data drives our world - and information is the new currency. To learn more, visit: http://www.hds.com.
About Hitachi, Ltd.
Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501), headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, is a leading global electronics company with approximately 320,000 employees worldwide. Fiscal 2011 (ended March 31, 2012) consolidated revenues totaled 9,665 billion yen ($117.8 billion). Hitachi is focusing more than ever on the Social Innovation Business, which includes information and telecommunication systems, power systems, industrial, transportation and urban development systems, as well as the sophisticated materials and key devices that support them. For more information on Hitachi, please visit the company’s website at http://www.hitachi.com.
© Hitachi Data Systems Corporation 2012. All Rights Reserved. Hitachi is a registered trademark of Hitachi, Ltd. and/or its affiliates in the United States and other countries. Hitachi Data Systems is a registered trademark and service mark of Hitachi, Ltd. in the United States and other countries.
*Mark of Schlumberger
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.