25 Innovative Solutions Shortlisted in Response to India Inc’s quest for Enabling Uptake of Sustainability
Innovations ranging from geothermal based cooling system that reduce loads on HVACs to waste recovery systems that help reuse materials in newer ways, feature in the shortlist of 25 innovative solutions that have been selected as finalists.
Innovations ranging from geothermal based cooling system that reduce loads on HVACs to waste recovery systems that help reuse materials in newer ways, feature in the shortlist of 25 innovative solutions that have been selected as finalists in the Parivartan Sustainability Leadership Award’s Resource Innovation Challenge. Solutions have emerged from large firms such as Tata Consultancy Services and Volvo India, to specialized firms such as Rossari and Ecolibrium.
Parivartan Sustainability Leadership Awards have attracted business innovations from all across India and its process is designed to drive sustainability in Indian economy through thought leadership, innovation and knowledge sharing.
Instituted by Sustainability Outlook, the Parivartan Sustainability Leadership Awards aim to recognize and showcase efforts that shape conservation action, innovation and corporate leadership in sustainability. The awards process entails a rigorous 3 step review and the finalists will be judged by an eminent jury headed by Dr. S.Y. Quraishi, Former Chief Election Commissioner of India. Other jury members include:
• Stuart L. Hart, S.C. Johnson Chair of Sustainable Global Enterprise
• Bakul R. Patel, Board Director, Infrastructure Development Finance Company (IDFC)
• Rita Menon, Chairman-cum-Managing Director, India Trade Promotion Organisation
• Dr. Uddesh Kohli, Chairman Emeritus – Construction Industry Development Council and Senior Advisor to the UN Global Compact
• Bazmi Husain, Managing Director, ABB India
• K.C. Mehra, Resident Director (Corporate), Shapoorji Pallonji Group
The 2012 shortlist of solutions is in response to 9 challenge areas posed by the Parivartan Award Sector Specialists and industry leaders as being high priority areas. The Award is looking to recognize solutions around:
- Load management and smart grid solutions for decentralized renewable energy systems
- Innovative material recycling solutions leading to new resource creation and/or resource augmentation
- Solutions to enable consumer engagement /uptake toward sustainable mobility
- Solutions to enable consumer engagement /uptake toward green /responsible consumerism in India
- Solutions to enable consumer engagement /uptake toward green housing in urban settings
- Waste oil change handling solution
- Informatics solution to facilitate e-waste tracking
- Solutions to prevent energy wastage (e.g. reduction in stand-by energy consumption of electric appliances)
- Innovative models and solutions to deliver Renewable Energy at affordable prices
The 25 finalist solutions in response to the above challenges areas come from:· · Hanjer Biotech Energies | · Nokia India | · Anand - Gabriel India
· Aqua Designs | · Rossari | · Ankur Scientific
· Aspiration Energy | · Cleantech Ecosystems | · Damascus Fortune
· Ecolibrium | · GIBSS | · Gram Power
· Green Brick Eco Solutions | · Green Con | · Hybridtronics
· Maharani Paints | · Micro Technologies | · NESPAL Air Water Heater
· SA Pharmachem | · See Beyond Technologies | · Vashudhaecofriends Projects
· Volvo India | · Wifinity | · Tata Consultancy Service
· Greenko Group
The winners will be announced at the awards ceremony on October 11, 2012 in New Delhi at the Annual Summit of the Sustainable Business Leadership Forum. (http://SBLF.SustainabilityOutlook.in)
About Parivartan Sustainability Leadership Awards
Parivartan Sustainability Leadership Awards 2012 aim to recognize and showcase efforts that shape conservation action, innovation and corporate leadership in sustainability. The Parivartan Sustainability Leadership Awards were instituted by Sustainability Outlook with the vision of identifying, recognizing and celebrating the thought leading, innovative and path breaking sustainability efforts of Indian companies.
The 2012 edition seeks to recognize initiatives and solutions in the following categories:
- Category 1: Corporate Sustainability Stewardship Awards; covering both Innovation in Business model and Leadership in Resource Conservation
- Category 2: Sustainability Disclosure Leadership Award
- Category 3: Sustainability Innovation Challenge Award
- Category 4: Sustainability Leader of the Year Award
To learn more please visit www.ParivartanAwards.in
About the Organizer: Sustainability Outlook (www.sustainabilityoutlook.in)
Sustainability Outlook is a market access, insight and collaboration platform tracking actions related towards Sustainability in the Indian economy. It proactively promotes dialogue and collates data to enable action by local, regional as well as global practitioners. Sustainability Outlook provides (a) in-depth business and policy analyses (b) updates on the market participants and latest trends on sustainability initiatives and (c) expert inputs on resource reduction and other abatement as well as adaptation measures being undertaken. Sustainability Outlook aims to be the bridge for shaping change in this thought process and spur innovation.
- Contact Information
- Shradha Kapur
- External Relations Contact
- Sustainability Outlook
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.