France Telecom Orange’s 118 710 wins a Trophées du Vocal (Voice Trophy) award for the integration of the latest voice technology in a current use service
Paris, June 21, 2006
Open since November 2, 2005, 118 710 is positioned in the telephone enquiries service market as an automatic, reliable and cheap service. The service allows users to find the information required by themselves, guided by an interactive dialogue. Developed by the France Telecom research laboratories, 118 710 has just won the special Jury prize in the Trophées du Vocal 2006, organised by VocalExpo.
* 118 710 draws on the latest-generation voice synthesis and vocal recognition technologies developed by the France Telecom research laboratories, such as:
* the Très Grand Vocabulaire (very large vocabulary) for efficient processing of the search for a name amongst the thousands or millions listed in the directory;
* vocal indexing, for searching in professional listings.
This innovative service was developed after a huge survey of the usage and pronunciation variations of our customers; integration of these different variations enabled enrichment of the service’s vocal recognition functions, an essential factor for the quality of the system.
* 118 710 is accessible, without waiting, 24/7 from a France Telecom fixed line.
* Fully automatic, it allows users to obtain the number of an individual or a professional, or an address from a telephone number, thanks to the reverse search process.
* The search benefits from low pricing (free access, then a standing inclusive charge of EUR 0.56 per call* for 1, 2 or 3 enquiries), is only billed if at least one number has been found, and includes the connection charge.
* The service is designed essentially for active telephone users.
* A range of services adapted to individual requirements
118 710 completes the range of France Telecom Orange enquiry services:
* 118 712, “the new directory enquiries number”, which heads the comparative league table with a 91 % correct response rate (source ACSEL survey - January 2006) and a rating of 90% measured by consumer magazine 60 millions de consommateurs (February 2006).
* 118 711, universal service enquiries
* 118 810, enquiries without connection, for companies that want to control their costs
For more information: www.118712.fr
(*) EUR0.56 incl. VAT per call in metropolitan France; EUR0.51 incl. VAT per call to Martinique, Guadeloupe and Réunion, and EUR0.47 incl. VAT per call to St Martin, St Barthélemy, French Guiana and St Pierre et Miquelon.
- Contact Information
- Louis-Michel Aymard
- Press Contact
- France Telecom
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.