HP and Box Accelerate Business Collaboration in the Cloud
Companies deliver Box cloud collaboration platform on select HP business PCs
PALO ALTO, Calif. - HP and Box today announced they are working together to provide businesses an integrated collaboration experience to a range of users – from the individual to the enterprise – for storing and managing content in the cloud.
HP is offering the Box cloud content-management and collaboration platform on select small and midsize business and enterprise devices, delivering greater opportunities for business customers who want added value from their critical information.
Customers who purchase select HP Compaq Elite and HP Compaq Pro business desktops will have access to special offers from Box that include increased storage capacity and enterprise sync for enhanced collaboration and content management in the cloud.
“Our customers are entering a new era of data management and storage, and they need a simple, cost-effective way to collaborate and share information in the cloud,” said Stephen DiFranco, senior vice president and general manager, Americas, Personal Systems Group, HP. “HP’s broad range of PCs plus Box’s scalable service provides the desirable security, functionality and features to meet the needs and budgets of our customers.”
Gartner estimates that while $74 billion was spent on public cloud services in 2010, it represented only 3 percent of enterprise spending.(1) Gartner predicts that public cloud services will grow five times faster than overall IT enterprise spending (19 percent annually through 2015). With the massive market opportunity for enterprise collaboration in the cloud, HP and Box are focused on redefining the way organizations manage and share information.
“To be successful in today’s enterprise, businesses of all sizes must provide their end users with the right tools to drive innovation, foster collaboration and increase customer adoption,” said Aaron Levie, co-founder and chief executive officer, Box. “Box and HP are focused on helping redefine the way organizations manage and share information in the cloud. Together, we can empower the next generation of knowledge workers.”
Customers who purchase select HP business PCs will have access to a free account on the Box platform:
* HP Compaq 6200 and 6005 Pro Series PCs: U.S. customers who purchase an HP Compaq 6005 or 6200 Pro Series PC through the HP Smart Buy program can choose to open a free Box account with 10 gigabytes (GB) of storage, with the option to upgrade to additional capacities at a reduced annual rate.(2)
* HP Compaq 8200 Elite Series PCs: U.S. customers who purchase an HP Compaq 8200 Elite Series PC through the HP Smart Buy program can choose to open a Box account with unlimited storage and sync at no cost for one year.(3)
More information about the Box offer for HP PCs is available at hp.com/go/box.
Founded in 2005, Box provides a secure content sharing platform that both users and IT love and adopt. Content on Box can be shared internally and externally, accessed through iPad, iPhone, Android and PlayBook applications, and extended to partner applications such as Google Apps, NetSuite and Salesforce. Headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, Box is a privately held company and is backed by venture capital firms Andreessen Horowitz, Bessemer Venture Partners, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Emergence Capital Partners, Meritech Capital Partners, NEA, Scale Venture Partners, and U.S. Venture Partners, and strategic investors salesforce.com and SAP.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Gartner press release, “Gartner Says Worldwide Enterprise IT Spending to Reach $2.7 Trillion in 2012,” Oct. 17, 2011.
(2) 10 GB storage offer must be activated within 60 days of PC purchase with purchase of HP Compaq Pro 6005 and 6200 desktop Smart Buys only. To avoid account termination during the promotional period, see Box Terms of Service at http://www.box.net/static/html/terms.html.
(3) Promotional unlimited storage offer must be activated within 60 days of PC purchase. Box account valid for one year after activation and is available with purchase of HP Compaq Elite 8200 Smart Buys only. To avoid account termination and loss of data before the one year period ends, user must purchase a Box storage plan. See current Box offers at http://box.net/pricing.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.