XLink Disk-Based Backup Software EzOpenBackup Plus! Rolls Out Version 1.3
Innovative Data Recovery Bin with Snapshot Technology
Milpitas, CA, Feb. 16, 2005 -- XLink Technology Inc., a leading software developer in disk-based backup and network connectivity solutions, announces today the release of EzOpenBackup Plus! v1.3 for Windows 2000/XP/2003 designed specially for users of Microsoft Office and Visual Studio applications.
EzOpenBackup Plus! is a disk-based backup software plus a unique feature: saving files between scheduled backups. The innovative creation of Data Recovery Bin saves all changed portions of a file of the source folder before next backup so that lost or damaged files can be replaced by a prior version. Data Recovery Bin eliminates the risk of data loss no matter if it is due to human error, including accidental file deletions, overwrites and file corruptions, or disaster strikes such as virus attacks or accidental power-off. The significant advancement of Data Recovery Bin lies in its ability to recover files not protected by Windows Recycle Bin.
Highlight of updates:
1. Separation of backup and Data Recovery Bin - To bring focus to the functionality of Data Recovery Bin, this version allows user to specify monitoring paths and filters from Backup source for Data Recovery Bin. The dedicated Data Recovery Bin can now perform continuous backup with high proficiency.
2. Filter configuration added - To ensure maximum efficiency of file saving, non-useful files can be filtered out when copy files to the destination locations.
3. Improved performance - This version comes with modified internal design structure to enhance performance and accuracy of snapshot.
Major features of EzOpenBackup Plus! are listed as the following:
Data Recovery Bin:
1. Saves changed files before next scheduled backup
2. Tracks file operational history, such as file close, file saving and file transfer
3. Undoes accidentally overwritten files
4. Recovers deleted files not protected by Windows “Recycle Bin”
5. Handles files of specific applications, such as Microsoft Office, VB, VC and more, by filtering out unwanted temporary files
5. Conserves disk space
1. Built-in functions to handle open and locked file backup (e.g. SQL database files, and MS Outlook mail files)
2. Backup to multiple locations of local or remote sites with individual schedules
3. File Merge and catalog utility tools for special needs
4. Easy and Rapid Restore by copy files or entire backup structure from Windows Explore
EzOpenBackup Plus! sells for a low price at $59.99.
About XLink Technology
With over 10 years of success in the NFS network connectivity software market, XLink Technology has been in search of new directions for its engineer expertise. The newly-evolved market of data protection and management has become the target of challenge for the company. During the past years, the company has built a strong client base that consists of a wide array of large and small enterprises, including The Boeing Company, Lockheed Martin, Army Research Lab, National Institutes of Health, Stanford University and many others.
- Contact Information
- Grace Chen
- Marketing Director
- XLink Technology
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.