TampoMechanica Stages Official Ceremony to Unveil New Kodak Flexcel NX Digital Flexographic System
Advanced KODAK Flexo Plate processing technology takes center stage at the company’s Moscow site
Russia’s TampoMechanicahas transformed its flexo platemaking operation after installing the KODAK FLEXCEL NX Digital Flexographic System at its Moscow repro center. The new KODAK System will enable the company to significantly improve the efficiency and quality of its flexo plate production.
TampoMechanica began as a production and supply company. Today it offers consumables and equipment for general and specialist markets: flexo, letterpress, die stamping, screen, and digital. The company’s portfolio includes consumables and equipment for package printing, promotional items, industrial and household products, printing plate production, and ink mixing.
With several production sites across Russia, TampoMechanica is one of the largest of its kind in the country. The company’s equipment includes two KODAK THERMOFLEX Platesetters, now supplemented by the FLEXCEL NX System with a KODAK FLEXCEL NX Imager and KODAK FLEXCEL NX Laminator.
A fitting introduction for a game-changing technology
Kodak and TampoMechanicaarrangedan official event to mark the installation of the new KODAK FLEXCEL NX System, which attracted a raft of packaging and label professionals.
In his welcoming speech, Vladimir Kyslitsyn, TampoMechanica’s Production Director, emphasized the suitability of FLEXCEL NX System Technology for today’s production environment, as well as its superior performance when producing flexo plates with a flat-topped dot structure.
“Frankly speaking, it seems odd that companies aren’t taking advantage of the opportunities presented by the system. If we were thinking about expanding our production capacities now, the FLEXCEL NX System would become the only choice for us.”
The FLEXCEL NX System has already made a positive impact on TampoMechanica’s customers, including the well-known printers Danaflex and Artflex, which were impressed with the system’s efficiency and high-quality plates.
The event continued with a seminar, KODAK FLEXCEL NX Technology: from theory to practice, which was presented by Sergei Tomilovsky, Channel Manager Packaging, Kodak. After discussing the features of the new technology, he demonstrated various packaging samples printed with KODAK FLEXCEL NX Digital Flexographic Plates, which showed a high-quality reproduction to rival offset.
Attendees also had an opportunity to observe TampoMechanica operators processing plates using the KODAK FLEXCEL NX System. The demonstration attracted great interest, with attendees invited to inspect the printing plates with both the naked eye and a microscope.
The event finished with a tour of the TampoMechanica site, which uses a host of plate processing equipment, including two KODAK THERMOFLEX Platesetters.
“The TampoMechanica installation is one of the first in Russia and we’re very satisfied with the results,” says Tomilovsky. “The print samples really showed how far ahead of other technologies the FLEXCEL NX System is. It offers unprecedented high-resolution flexo quality, and overcomes many of the problems associated with analogue printing and current digital flexo technologies.
“Printers can now create products with a much greater visual impact, make printing more consistent, and slash production costs and waste. The FLEXCEL NX Plates require less makeready time, while ink costs are significantly reduced. Plus the whole printing process is more consistent, which means more predictable results.”
The KODAK FLEXCEL NX System is a complete, integrated turnkey solution:
• KODAK FLEXCEL NX Mid and Narrow Imagers – provide exceptional image quality through KODAK SQUARESPOT Imaging Technology.
• KODAK FLEXCEL NX Thermal Imaging Layer – the unique formulation allows high-resolution and fast imaging, and intimate optical contact with the plate during UV exposure.
• KODAK FLEXCEL NX Digital Flexographic System – once the KODAK FLEXCEL NX Thermal Imaging Layer is imaged on the KODAK FLEXCEL NX Imager, it is laminated to a KODAK FLEXCEL Digital Flexographic Plate. KODAK FLEXCEL NXH and NXM Flexographic Plates are highly reliable, deliver top quality and can print on a wide range of substrates. Excellent ink transfer, smooth solids, uniform lay down, robust on-press performance and excellent ozone resistance make these plates ideal for the FLEXCEL NX System.
• KODAK FLEXCEL NX Mid and Narrow Laminators – are used to laminate the Thermal Imaging Layer to the KODAK FLEXCEL NX Plate prior to exposure and processing. While quick and simple, the lamination stage is critical because it removes all oxygen between the layer and the plate, allowing users to create high-quality, consistent full-amplitude, flat-top highlight dots.
• KODAK PRINERGY Workflow System – a powerful, highly automated workflow management system that delivers outstanding performance and reliability for the packaging industry.
Kodak is a global advisor and provider of integrated services to help companies transform and optimize their businesses. Through a network of service professionals in 120+ countries, Kodak provides technical, professional, consulting and managed services to enable customers to focus on growing their businesses,maximize productivity,and more effectively manage risks. All Kodak products and software are backed by KODAK Service and Support. To learn more, visit www.graphics.kodak.com.
As the world’s foremost imaging innovator, Kodak helps consumers, businesses, and creative professionals unleash the power of pictures and printing to enrich their lives.
More than 75 million people worldwide manage, share and create photo gifts online at KODAK Gallery—join today at www.kodakgallery.com.
Choose from the widest selection of KODAK Digital Cameras, All-in-One Inkjet Printers, Pocket Video Cameras and more at http://store.kodak.com.
(Kodak, Flexcel, Thermoflex, and Prinergy are trademarks of Eastman Kodak Company.)
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.