Orange official sponsor of 64th Cannes Film Festival
Paris - Orange is the official, exclusive telecoms and new media sponsor of the 64th edition of the Cannes Film Festival. This privileged arrangement with one of the greatest events of the seventh art, undertaken more than 10 years ago, is the perfect illustration of Orange’s ongoing commitment to cinema of all kinds.
In France, Orange will be showing the Festival on all its media, including its internet portals, Orange mobile phones, its video on demand service, Orange TV and the Orange cinema series package. And, for the first time this year, the Cannes Film Festival and Orange will be launching the official Cannes Film Festival application for iPhone, Android and BlackBerry.
For Orange cinema also means coproducing and pre-purchasing films. This year, 5 films supported by Orange will be screened in Cannes:
- “Habemus Papam” by Nanni Moretti, an official entry in the competition and pre-purchased for the second window by Orange cinema series
- “The Artist” by Michel Hazanavicius and starring Jean Dujardin, to be shown off competition in Cannes and coproduced by Studio 37
- “Michel Petrucciani” by Michael Radford, to be given a special screening and pre-purchased for the first window by Orange cinema series
- “Jeanne Captive” by Philippe Ramos, to be shown during directors’ fortnight and pre-purchased for the first and second windows by Orange cinema series
- “Les Géants” by Bouli Lanners to be shown during directors’ fortnight and pre-purchased for the first window by Orange cinema series
An exceptional multi-media campaign
“Cannes Film Festival TV” on all media
For the third year running, Orange is coproducing and will be broadcasting TV coverage of the Festival on its TV, internet and mobile platforms. The official Festival channel will be inviting the audience to live to the rhythm of the most televised cultural event in the world, with its red carpet, interviews with stars, press conferences, photo calls and more…
Cannes on demand with VoD
Video on demand catches up with Cannes! Until 23 May, more than 100 films will be available on demand on Orange TV and video party, with four completely new selections:
- the highlights of the 2010 Festival with a choice of over 40 films of which 12 that left their mark on the official competition including Uncle Boonmee who can recall his past lives (Golden Palm), Des Hommes et des Dieux (Grand Prix) and Biutiful (prize for best actor).
- films with the giants of Hollywood: Robert de Niro, Anthony Hopkins, Clint Eastwood, John Wayne, Paul Newman…
- a selection of works from the Middle East: Taste of Cherry (Golden Palm 1997), Uzak (Grand Prix 2003) and Ajami (2009 fortnight: Golden Camera).
- Cannes blockbusters discovered on the red carpet: Basic Instinct, The Pianist…
Orange cinema series wears the colours of the Festival
The Orange cinema series package is back on the Croisette for the 64th Cannes Film Festival from 11th to 22nd May with an exceptional programme:
- the Ciné, séries & cie programme presented by Sophie Soulignac is to be renamed Cannes, séries & cie for the occasion.
- a special evening show will be broadcast live from the Palace terrace with the Festival prize winners.
- the film industry will also be honoured with themed evenings dedicated to the legendary Cannes directors: Robert de Niro, this year’s President of the Jury, Pedro Almodovar, Woody Allen, Gus Van Sant and Brillante Mendoza.
Orange cinema series will also be paying homage to the women who have impressed the Croisette with their talent, with a month in honour of Jane Campion, the first woman to win the Golden Palm in 1993 with The Piano Lesson.
The official Festival application
This year, for the first time the Cannes Film Festival and Orange have developed the official 2011 Cannes Film Festival application for iPhone, Android and BlackBerry. Cinema fans will be the first to be informed about news from the Festival, the screenings, must-see events, prize winners and more.
As a bonus, the Festival goers will be able to receive early warnings and practical information so that they don’t miss a thing during the fortnight and so transform the event into their very own Festival!
Orange in Cannes
As part of the ongoing partnership started with the Cannes Film Festival a number of years ago Orange will be providing the telecommunications equipment for the event and plans to offer all accredited journalists the services of the Wi-Fi Café. The Orange beach will also be hosting film industry professionals and the film crews for their meetings, press junkets and free time. Finally, dining on the Orange beach will be provided by celebrity chefs from the Thiou and Marius et Janette restaurants.
France Telecom-Orange is one of the world’s leading telecommunications operators with 169,000 employees worldwide, including 102,000 employees in France, and sales of 45.5 billion euros in 2010. Present in 32 countries, the Group had a customer base of 209.6 million customers at the end of 2010, including 139.7 million customers under the Orange brand, the Group’s single brand for internet, television and mobile services in the majority of countries where the company operates. At 31 December 2010, the Group had 150.4 million mobile customers and 13.7 million broadband internet (ADSL, fibre) customers worldwide. Orange is one of the main European operators for mobile and broadband internet services and, under the brand Orange Business Services, is one of the world leaders in providing telecommunication services to multinational companies.
With its industrial project, “conquests 2015”, Orange is simultaneously addressing its employees, customers and shareholders, as well as the society in which the company operates, through a concrete set of action plans. These commitments are expressed through a new vision of human resources for employees; through the deployment of a network infrastructure upon which the Group will build its future growth; through the Group’s ambition to offer a superior customer experience thanks in particular to improved quality of service; and through the acceleration of international development
France Telecom (NYSE:FTE) is listed on Euronext Paris (compartment A) and on the New York Stock Exchange.
For more information (on the internet and on your mobile): www.orange.com, www.orange-business.com, www.orange-innovation.tv
Orange and any other Orange product or service names included in this material are trade marks of Orange Brand Services Limited, Orange France or France Telecom.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.