Samsung Home Appliances Offers Tips to Keep Foods Fresher, Longer
RIDGEFIELD PARK, N.J. - The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s new 2011 dietary guidelines aim to change the way Americans eat by calling for more fresh produce, lean meats and fish. However, busy families may have trouble keeping perishable foods fresh given that the average American family throws out more than $85 a month in wasted groceries, according to Samsung Home Appliances research. Fortunately, food freshness begins with an organized refrigerator.
“We know busy families are strapped for time so Samsung designs refrigerator features to help keep families organized and foods like produce fresher, longer,” said James Politeski, senior vice president of Home Appliance Sales and Marketing, Samsung Electronics America. “We strive to keep families eating healthier by creating food storage solutions that save time and money.”
Easy Tips for Getting the Most out of the 2011 Dietary Guidelines
Samsung, America’s fastest-growing home appliance brand, offers simple tips with innovative appliance features to keep food fresh and refrigerators organized as consumers incorporate the new guidelines into their lifestyle:
* Planning makes perfect: It is hard enough deciding what to make for dinner and making it healthy can be even more difficult. Stock your recipe box with recipes that feature healthy ingredients and plan your meals in advance to make grocery shopping a breeze while saving time and money. . Some experts even recommend primarily sticking to the outside perimeter of the grocery store to avoid temptations from the junk food aisles.
* Know your ideal humidity: Did you know leafy greens crave high humidity while crisp fruits need low humidity for maximum freshness? To make perishable items last, make use of the crisper drawers and keep your refrigerator at its appropriate humidity. Samsung’s Twin Cooling Plus® System separates airflow between the freezer and refrigerator, keeping each at their ideal humidity which eliminates freezer burn and keeps produce fresher, longer.
* Have a clear view: It is much easier to grab a healthy snack when it is easy to see. When you place your cut/prepared fruits and vegetables in an easily accessible location, it keeps the food top-of-mind as a great choice when looking for a quick snack. Samsung offers the CoolSelect Pantry™, a full-length, full-depth temperature-controlled clear drawer with a specially designed lid that self opens and closes to make grabbing fresh produce and opening fruit and veggie containers easier.
* Refrigerate the right foods: Some fruits and vegetables are better off stored at room temperature. Foods like bananas, lemons, limes, tomatoes, onions and potatoes can experience texture and taste changes when stored in colder temperatures.
* Make snacking healthy: Part of eating healthy is stocking the kitchen with easy to grab snacks – for grown-ups and kids. Samsung’s RF4287 Four-Door French Door Refrigerator includes a counter height FlexZone™ Drawer that is an independent, mid drawer perfect for housing healthy snacks like low-fat yogurt and 100 percent juice boxes at a height that is easy for kids to access. As a bonus, to keep meats and fish fresh until you’re ready to prepare, the drawer features a special temperature-controlled section specifically for these items that stays at the ideal 29 F for maximum freshness.
About Samsung Electronics America, Inc.
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA), based in Ridgefield Park, NJ, is a subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. The company markets a broad range of award-winning consumer electronics, information systems, and home appliance products, as well as oversees all of Samsung’s North American operations including Samsung Telecommunications America, LP, Samsung Semiconductor Inc., Samsung Electronics Canada, Inc. and Samsung Electronics Mexico, Inc. As a result of its commitment to innovation and unique design, the Samsung organization is one of the most decorated brands in the electronics industry. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com. You can also Fan Samsung on www.Facebook.com/SamsungUSA or follow Samsung via Twitter @SamsungTweets.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.