Imtech strengthens UK position via acquisition of maintenance specialist Inviron
Gouda - Imtech N.V. (technical services provider in Europe) announces that it will be acquiring the British technological maintenance & management company Inviron. Inviron is one of the few companies in the UK fully specialised in technical maintenance & management and forms a perfect match with Imtech’s existing activities in the UK. With close to 1,100 permanent employees, Inviron realises revenue of over 140 million euro per year. The acquisition, which will be paid for in cash, will immediately contribute to Imtech’s earnings per share and will enable Imtech to considerably strengthen its position in the UK.
Imtech CEO René van der Bruggen: ‘Imtech’s objective is to realise revenue of 8 billion euro in 2015. In this context, Imtech aims, among other things, to strengthen its position in the UK. The acquisition of Inviron fits perfectly in this strategy. Imtech can now offer the combination of new build technical solutions and technical maintenance & management throughout the entire UK to a larger customer base. This improves our position, increases our added value and enables additional growth. In short: an excellent step forwards.’
Inviron: company profile
Inviron came out of ABB in 2003 as the result of a management buyout. Since then, the company has grown considerably as a technical maintenance provider. Inviron has a distinctive market proposition and focuses - in contrast with competitors in the facility management market - exclusively on technological maintenance & management. Inviron is active in a wide range of areas, combining electrical services with mechanical services and other technical services to offer technological total maintenance & management solutions. This philosophy aligns well with the fact that technological solutions are becoming increasingly complex and demand specific technical knowledge. Inviron’s customers concentrate on their core business, specify their desired output and ask Inviron to realise this output on the basis of a comprehensive technological vision. This requires solid knowledge of primary and secondary processes. On the basis of this philosophy, Inviron is increasingly often involved in technological upgrades, renovations or new build projects.
Inviron’s head office is located in Birmingham. In addition, the company has ten regional offices spread across the UK (including London, Glasgow, Manchester, Derby, Ipswich and Washington), ensuring that it has the entire country covered. Inviron has over 1,100 permanent employees, but during peak periods can also rely on a flexible team of 1,000 professional specialists employed by regular high-quality subcontractors.
Inviron works with three business units:
* Facilities Management & Services: active in the area of planned, proactive and corrective technological maintenance in the market segments public and private buildings, education, museums, retail, monuments, health care, industry and water management. Recent long-term maintenance contracts were awarded to the company by, among others, the British Film Institute, Capital Shopping Centres, Siemens, Entrust Property Management and Land Securities;
* Airports: technological maintenance and provision of specific technological services to both the land and air sides of all major airports in the UK, including Heathrow, Gatwick, Birmingham and airbases of the Royal Air Force. At a number of airports, Inviron has its own local offices with dozens of maintenance specialists. Customers include the British Airports Agency, Manchester Airport Group, Birmingham International Airport and the Royal Air Force;
* Building Systems: this unit supports the aforementioned business units in larger technological upgrading, renovation and new construction projects.
Perfect match with existing activities in the UK
From 2003 on, Imtech has built up solid positions in the UK, and also in Ireland, in the buildings, industry and water treatment markets. Revenue in 2010 totalled over 300 million euro, and the company employed approximately 1,150 employees (both figures do not include Imtech’s marine, ICT and traffic activities in the UK). The activities are entirely focused on new build projects (including engineering) and are concentrated in Greater London, Southeast England, the Midlands and Yorkshire and at the national level in Ireland. In the context of its 2015 growth strategy, Imtech aims to considerably strengthen its position in the UK. The acquisition of Inviron fits perfectly in this strategy:
* In addition to new build activities, Imtech can now offer the full spectrum of technological maintenance & management activities to its customers. This enables Imtech to control the total value chain from design all the way up to and including maintenance;
* Imtech’s solid capital structure makes Inviron a stronger party for its customers;
* Inviron’s customers can turn to specific technological services offered by Imtech, such as data centres, green technology, energy management, asset management and a full range of new build services. Imtech’s new build customers can heavily reduce their technical maintenance & management costs via Inviron on the basis of long-term partnerships. This allows Imtech to operate better as a technology partner with high added value - analogous to Imtech’s strategy and position in many other European countries;
* In the UK, Imtech’s scale and geographic reach will be increased considerably;
* The customer base will be widened, with hardly any overlap;
* Imtech will gain access to the sizeable and highly promising airports segment, which in the UK, it was hardly active in up to now.
The coming period will see the phased participation of the new company within Imtech’s existing organisations. The name Inviron will be retained.
Including its marine, ICT and traffic activities, Imtech is one of the largest technical services providers in the UK after this acquisition.
Imtech N.V. is a European technical services provider in the fields of electrical services, ICT (information and communication technology) and mechanical services. With over 26,000 employees, Imtech achieves annual revenue of around 4.5 billion euro. Imtech holds strong positions in the buildings and industry markets in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria, Eastern Europe, Sweden, Norway, Finland, the UK, Ireland and Spain, the European markets of ICT and Traffic as well as in the global marine market. In total Imtech serves 21,000 customers. Imtech offers added value with integrated and multidisciplinary total solutions that lead to better business processes and more efficiency for customers and the customers they, in their turn, serve. Imtech also offers solutions that contribute towards a sustainable society, for example in the areas of energy, the environment, water and mobility. Imtech shares are listed on NYSE Euronext in Amsterdam, where Imtech is included in the Midkap Index. Imtech shares are also included in the Dow Jones STOXX 600 index.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.