TELUS and Visto join forces to offer secure two-way wireless e-mail solution
Business Inbox also provides clients with contacts, calendar on devices of their choice
Vancouver, B.C. and Redwood City, CA – TELUS and Visto Corporation today announced the availability of Business Inbox, powered by Visto MobileTM, a secure wireless e-mail service that offers mobile professionals instantaneous access to critical corporate information from their mobile devices.
“TELUS continues to expand its e-mail services portfolio with sophisticated wireless applications such as Business Inbox, allowing business users of all kinds to stay connected and visible, anytime, anywhere,” said Robert Blumenthal, TELUS senior vice president of products and services. “Available for clients ranging from individual users up to national enterprise clients, Business Inbox lets professionals experience first-hand the significant productivity gains possible with mobile e-mail.”
The Business Inbox application can be downloaded “over the air” to any supported wireless data device, allowing clients to immediately send and receive mobile e-mail. Business Inbox works with both IBM Lotus Domino and Microsoft Exchange and can be installed in just a matter of minutes.
TELUS clients can experience fully synchronized, real-time e-mail, calendar and contacts using one of the following options:
* TELUS Enterprise Server: Larger organizations can deploy the TELUS Enterprise Server behind-the-firewall solution to offer mobile workers a lifeline to critical data and IT managers the reassurance that all communications are secured from end-to-end and protected by the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES).
* TELUS Desktop Redirector: Designed for small business users with minimal IT resources and for individuals and workgroups that are part of larger organizations, TELUS Desktop Redirector provides wireless access for up to five users. By simply installing a single piece of software on the desktop, business users can be immediately up and running on wireless e-mail. The TELUS Desktop Redirector also uses AES Encryption to ensure end-to-end message security.
“TELUS’ selection of Visto Mobile™ to power Business Inbox reaffirms their strong commitment to customer satisfaction and service excellence,” said Brian Bogosian, Visto’s president, chairman and CEO. “Visto has teamed up with TELUS to bring to Canada the best push e-mail offering that empowers today’s ‘on-the-go’ professionals with the tools they need to access information when they need it from wherever they need it. By offering users ease-of-use, an open systems approach and more choice, we enable mobile operators like TELUS to reach all levels within an organization with a secure push email service that addresses a user’s business and personal requirements.”
TELUS clients who activate on TELUS E-mail & Web monthly data rate plan and have a business e-mail account can receive Business Inbox at no additional charge. Business Inbox operates on a wide variety of TELUS wireless data devices:
* UTStarcom Pocket PC 6700: Offering e-mail and more, the UTStarcom Pocket PC 6700, running Windows Mobile 5.0, features wireless always-on access to e-mail with Microsoft Office Outlook Mobile, applications such as Microsoft Office PowerPoint Mobile (to view presentations on the go), Microsoft Office Excel Mobile (with new chart support), and multimedia and internet access via Internet Explorer Mobile and Windows Media Player. It also features a full sliding QWERTY keyboard, a 1.3 megapixel digital camera with video, built-in Wi-Fi capability, and Bluetooth wireless technology for use with headsets and car kits.
* Palm Treo 650: The Palm Treo 650 device makes staying connected easy by combining a wireless phone with e-mail, an organizer, messaging, and web access. The Palm 650 Treo features Bluetooth wireless technology so you can connect wirelessly to Bluetooth enabled headsets and carkits, a built-in MP3 player, a digital camera that captures video, and a colour screen.
* Audiovox PPC 6600: Powered by the Intel XScale 400 MHz processor, the Audiovox PPC 6600 allows users to send and receive e-mail or text messages; view, create and edit documents; browse the web; listen to news, music and other audio clips; and send and receive multimedia messages, such as pictures and video clips. The Audiovox PPC 6600 offers both portrait and landscape viewing modes and multiple data-input methods, including a sliding keyboard and stylus.
TELUS (TSX: T, T.NV; NYSE: TU) is a leading national telecommunications company in Canada, with $8.1 billion of annual revenue and 10.2 million customer connections including 4.5 million wireless subscribers, 4.7 million wireline network access lines and 1.0 million Internet subscribers. The company’s strategic intent is to unleash the power of the Internet to deliver the best solutions to Canadians at home, in the workplace and on the move. TELUS provides customers with a wide range of wireline and wireless communications products and services including data, Internet protocol (IP), voice, entertainment and video services.
Visto delivers the leading global platform for mobile operators to provide wireless push e-mail to the broadest set of mobile devices. Visto’s open solution enables e-mail for the mass market, targeting large enterprises, small businesses and mobile professionals. The company’s patented Visto Mobile™ platform with ConstantSync™ technology works in real time with POP3, IMAP, Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Domino e-mail solutions for personal to enterprise use, providing maximum control and flexibility for the operator and choice for the customer. Visto’s customized, brandable solutions are available through mobile operators worldwide including Cingular, Elisa, KPN, SmarTone, SFR, Sprint-Nextel, TELUS, Turkcell and the Vodafone Group.
Established in 1996 and headquartered in Redwood Shores, California, with offices in Seattle, London, Rome, Paris, Toronto, Tokyo, Beijing and Tianjin, China, Visto is backed by Oak Investment Partners, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, DFJ ePlanet Ventures, VantagePoint Venture Partners, Meritech Capital Partners, Rustic Canyon Ventures, Allegis Capital and Blueprint Ventures. For more information, visit www.visto.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 30 -
©Copyright 1996-2006. Visto Corporation, Visto, the Visto logo, Visto Mobile, ConstantSync, Constant Synchronization and worklife.freedom are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Visto Corporation. All third-party trademarks, trade names, or service marks are the property of their respective owners and are used only to refer to the goods or services identified by those third-party marks. Visto’s technology is protected by U.S. Patents 6,085,192; 5,968,131; 6,023,708; 5,961,590; 6,131,116; 6,151,606; 6,233,341; 6,131,096, 6,708,221 and 6,766,454 along with numerous foreign patents and applications pending and the following NTP U.S. Patents: 5,436,960, 5,438,611, 5,479,472, 5,625,670, 5,631,946, 5,819,172, 6,067,451, 6,317,592
- Contact Information
- Julie Smithers
- TELUS external communications
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.