McAfee Named a Finalist in 15 Categories of SC Magazine 2011 Awards
With More Nominations than Any Other Vendor, McAfee Leads Global Awards Program with 12 “Readers Trust” Nominations and Three “Excellence” Nominations
SANTA CLARA, Calif., - McAfee, Inc. (NYSE:MFE) today announced that it has been named a finalist in the 2011 SC Magazine Awards, the information security industry’s most prominent accolade. This year, McAfee has 15 nominations, the most of any vendor.
McAfee has been recognized for products in 12 areas within the “Readers Trust” competition, which honors best-in-class security products and services. McAfee was also selected as a finalist for three “Excellence Awards,” which recognize companies with superior security products that help customers tackle today’s pressing security challenges.
“Receiving the respect of our peers and experts in information security is a great honor, and McAfee is privileged to have products named as finalists in fifteen categories,” said Matt Fairbanks, senior vice president of product and solution marketing at McAfee. “SC Magazine’s esteemed group of readers have validated our solutions as some of the industry’s best, and we continue to strive to help improve global security.”
McAfee products honored this year:
* McAfee® Web Gateway in the Best Anti-Malware Gateway category
* McAfee® Endpoint Protection Suite in the Best Anti-Malware Management category
* McAfee® Data Loss Prevention (DLP) in the Best Data Leakage Prevention category
* McAfee® Email SaaS in the Best Email Content Management category
* McAfee Total Protection™ for Endpoint, Enterprise Edition in the Best Endpoint/UTM Security category
* McAfee® Firewall Enterprise in the Best Enterprise Firewall category
* McAfee® Network Security Platform in the Best Intrusion Detection/Prevention Product category
* McAfee® SaaS Total Protection in the Best Managed Security Service category
* McAfee® Enterprise Mobility Management in the Best Mobile/Portable Device Security category
* McAfee® Policy Auditor in the Best Policy Management Application category
* McAfee® Risk Management Solution in the Best Vulnerability Management Tool category
* McAfee® Web Gateway in the Best Web Content Management Product category
* McAfee® ePolicy Orchestrator® in the Best Enterprise Security Solution category
* McAfee Total Protection™ for Compliance in the Best Regulatory Compliance Solution category
* McAfee® SaaS Endpoint and Email Protection in the Best SME Security Solution category
“The McAfee innovations illustrate the passion and creativity that McAfee has made to protect valuable assets and interests,” said SC Magazine Editor-in-Chief Illena Armstrong. “At the end of the day it’s about protecting sensitive information, and McAfee was named a finalist because of its contribution to this effort.”
Readers Trust winners are chosen by a panel of readers representing a cross-section of SC Magazine readership, which is comprised of large, medium and small enterprises from all major vertical markets, including financial services, health care, government, retail, education and other sectors. Excellence Awards winners are decided by an expert panel of judges hand-picked by SC Magazine’s editorial team for their knowledge and experience in the information security industry.
Winners of this year’s SC Magazine Awards will be announced at a gala dinner and award ceremony to be held in San Francisco on Tuesday, Feb. 15, 2011.
About SC Magazine
SC Magazine was named winner of 2010 Magazine of the Year by the American Society of Business Publication Editors (ASBPE). It provides IT security professionals with in-depth and unbiased information through timely news, comprehensive analysis, cutting-edge features, contributions from thought leaders and the best, most extensive collection of product reviews in the business. By offering a consolidated view of IT security through independent product tests and well-researched editorial content that provides the contextual backdrop for how these IT security tools will address larger demands put on businesses today, SC Magazine enables IT security pros to make the right security decisions for their companies. In addition to the monthly print magazine and a vibrant website updated daily, the brand’s portfolio includes SC World Congress Conference and Expo, SC Congress Canada, SC Magazine Awards, SC Directory and SC Magazine Newswire.
About McAfee, Inc.
McAfee, Inc., headquartered in Santa Clara, California, is the world’s largest dedicated security technology company. McAfee delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that help secure systems, networks, and mobile devices around the world, allowing users to safely connect to the Internet, browse and shop the Web more securely. Backed by unrivalled McAfee Global Threat Intelligence, McAfee creates innovative products that empower home users, businesses, the public sector and service providers by enabling them to prove compliance with regulations, protect data, prevent disruptions, identify vulnerabilities, and continuously monitor and improve their security. McAfee secures your digital world. http://www.mcafee.com
NOTE: McAfee and ePolicy Orchestrator are registered trademarks or trademarks of McAfee, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. Other marks may be claimed as the property of others.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.