Construction Begins on New Mazda Hospital Wing
HIROSHIMA, Japan - Mazda Motor Corporation today announced that construction had commenced on a new wing for the Mazda Hospital. The new hospital wing is a part of the hospitalís renovation plans, designed to enhance the array of medical services it provides to the local community. The Mazda Hospital is located near Mazdaís headquarters in Hiroshima.
The new wing will be constructed on a plot of land north of the Mazda Hospitalís main building. Once completed, the new wing will have eight floors aboveground and a basement floor. Emergency treatment space and the radiology department are planned for the first floor, with operating rooms and the pharmacy on the second floor. The third floor through to the seventh floor will be in-patient wards with a total of 270 beds. A clinic for medical checkups will be located on the eighth floor. The new wing will also feature 46 private rooms and new computer tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) equipment. Amenities such as more space per bed are planned for in-patients to improve their comfort and offer a warm hospital environment. Additionally, a second floor connecting corridor will be built to link the Mazda Hospitalís main building and the new wing.
At the groundbreaking ceremony held today, Takashi Yamanouchi, Mazdaís representative director and chairman of the board, president and CEO, said, ďSince it opened its doors in 1961, the Mazda Hospital has provided excellent health care to people in eastern Hiroshima and the surrounding area. Thanks to the support of the doctors from local medical associations, it has been a key contributor of medical services and checkups for the local community. Constructing a new wing will improve the emergency treatment and other medical services which the Mazda Hospital offers, and offer a more pleasant environment for patients.Ē
Patient treatment at the new wing is scheduled to begin in February 2012. Following that, renovation of the main hospital building will commence, and is scheduled for completion in spring 2013.
Outline of the Mazda Hospital
* Director: Nobuyoshi Okuhira
* Address: 2-15 Aosakiminami, Fuchu-cho, Aki-gun, Hiroshima Prefecture
* Departments: 18 total (cardiology, digestion, pulmonary, diabetic internal medicine, internal medicine, psychiatric medicine, pediatrics, surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, dermatology, urology, ophthalmology, ear/nose/throat, oral surgery, anesthesia, radiology, rehabilitation)
Outline of the new wing
* Building description: Eight floors aboveground, one basement floor underground
* Site area: Approx. 3,892m2
* Building area: Approx. 1,786m2
* Total floor area: Approx. 13,313m2
* Structure: Steel-framed reinforced concrete structure
* Address: 5565-3 Aosakiminami, Fuchu-cho, Aki-gun, Hiroshima Prefecture
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.