HP Delivers “Just Right IT” Portfolio for Small Businesses
Company expands new business opportunities for channel partners
PALO ALTO, Calif., HP today introduced its “Just Right IT” portfolio, which makes it easy for micro and small businesses to get exactly the IT capabilities they need at just the right time and just the right price so they can focus on better serving their customers.
The portfolio includes new server, printer and PC products designed and priced “just right” to deliver affordability and value to small businesses.
“While small to mid-size businesses (SMBs) remain cautious about the economy, they continue to look for ways to simplify operations and prepare for growth,” said Anil Miglani, senior vice president at AMI Partners, a strategy consulting firm. “HP, with the help of its channel partners, offers an expanded technology portfolio with realistic financing options that enable SMBs to manage data expansion, improve employee productivity and retain, as well as attract, clients.”
Simplify management of business operations
Designed for micro and small businesses with increasing IT needs and constrained budgets, the following HP solutions make it easier to increase productivity by providing:
* Increased reliability with the HP ProLiant MicroServer. Leading the lineup of Just Right IT offerings, this quiet, energy-efficient server combines affordability, performance and data protection for businesses with up to 10 employees. It helps them more effectively centralize information and access files faster so employees can more easily share information while knowing business and customer data are secure.
* Seamless print connectivity with the HP Officejet Pro 8500A e-All-in-One series and HP Officejet 7500A Wide Format e-All-in-One, the world’s first wide-format all-in-one with web connectivity.(1) These printers include HP ePrint and print apps, allowing users to send print jobs from any mobile device(2) and directly access content from the web without a PC.(3) The Officejet Pro 8500A delivers professional color at up to 50 percent lower cost per page than laser printers,(4) while the Officejet 7500A offers the lowest cost per page versus in-class, wide-format inkjet all-in-ones and prints up to 13 by 19 inches.(5)
* Reduced energy costs and customized storage with the HP 500B and 505B Series Business Desktop PCs. These minitowers include a Windows® 7 operating system, configurable hard drives and an array of conveniently positioned bays and ports for easy access. They also provide a power-saving alternative for advanced photo, video and audio sharing.
* Improved monitoring and management of technology infrastructure from a single console with the new HP Insight with Microsoft System Center Essentials 2010. Designed for midsize businesses that have virtualized servers and storage, this software combined with HP support services can reduce the overprovisioning of IT resources.
Simplify data availability and protection
SMBs need to secure business data while maintaining accessibility in the event of a disaster. New HP data availability and data protection solutions offer clients:
* Increased performance and storage flexibility with the 10GbE iSCSI capabilities of the HP StorageWorks P2000 G3 Modular Smart Array (MSA), which speeds the server/storage connection bandwidth by 10 times.
* Improved business continuity and a simplified user interface for managing backup and recovery with HP Data Protector Express 5.0 Software. Designed specifically for the general user, it makes operation fast and easy.
* Simplified shared storage with the HP P4000 Virtual SAN Appliance (VSA) software, the only solution that offers clients with virtualized servers the ability to move to shared storage without purchasing a physical storage area network infrastructure.
* Increased system availability with process improvements as recommended by the HP ITSM Assessment for Virtualized Environments Service.
Simplify communications and connectivity
Wireless, voice and data networks can be complex and difficult to manage. New HP voice-over-IP and wireless offerings provide SMBs:
* Improved application access and increased network security with the HP V-M200 802.11n Access Point Series, which connects up to 64 simultaneous mobile users to the network at wire-like speeds.
* Enhanced collaboration and communication with the HP VCX 9.5 IP Telephony system and 350x IP Phones, which enable the convergence of voice and data onto a single network infrastructure.
* Simplified deployment of a complete virtualization environment using Virtualization Smart Bundles with Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2, consisting of storage, servers and networking technology for clients that have not experienced the benefits of virtualization.
Additionally, the new HP blog 367 Addison Avenue features best practices, tips and tools from HP executives and industry experts that can help SMBs tackle challenges and achieve growth objectives.
Just Right IT expands reach for channel partners
New HP SMB solutions are available through HP channel partners and directly from HP. The Just Right IT portfolio lets channel partners save their micro and small business customers time and money by meeting the full range of technology needs – from printers and PCs to servers and networking – with one trusted partner.
HP Financial Services, the company’s leasing and life cycle asset management services division, offers SMBs a range of total financing solutions designed to help them manage budgets as they upgrade their business technology. The HP Financial Services Channel Partner Program is a one-stop financing solution that provides authorized channel partners with comprehensive financing solutions for their customers’ IT environments.
Additional information about HP’s new SMB offerings is available at www.hp.com/go/whatsnewforsmb.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com/.
(1) Compared with B-size/A3+ inkjet all-in-ones with fax less than $300 from major vendors as of March 2010. Details at www.hp.com/go/officejet.
(2) Requires an internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any internet- and email-capable device. Details at www.hp.com/go/ePrintcenter.
(3) Requires an internet connection to the printer. Services may require registration. Apps availability varies by country and language. Details at www.hp.com/go/ePrintcenter.
(4) Majority of color laser all-in-ones less than $600, March 2010; Details at www.hp.com/go/officejet. HP Officejet Pro ISO yield with highest-capacity cartridges based on continuous printing; details at www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies.
(5) Letter cost per page comparisons for B-size inkjet all-in-ones with fax less than $300 from major vendors as of March 2010. Details at www.hp.com/go/officejet. HP Officejet ISO yield with highest-capacity cartridges based on continuous printing. Details at www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies.
Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the achievement of expected operational and financial results; and other risks that are described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended April 30, 2010 and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2009. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.