Symantec Delivers New Updates to Backup Exec 2010 to Protect More Data and Enhance User Experience
Latest Version of Backup Exec 2010 Shortens Backup Time, Provides Faster Installs and Adds New Platform Support
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. - Symantec Corp. (Nasdaq: SYMC) today announced new product updates to its industry leading data protection solution Backup Exec 2010. The latest version of Backup Exec 2010 enables users to reduce installation time through improved Wizards, delivers new in-product guidance for optimal Windows data recovery, and provides additional platform support, including Microsoft SharePoint 2010.
“With Backup Exec 2010, Symantec improved its virtual machine protection and added fully integrated data deduplication and archiving technologies – all of which helped organizations protect more data and utilize less storage,” said Amit Walia, vice president of product management of Backup Exec, Symantec. “With the latest release, we are furthering our strategy by reducing the install time by an estimated 20 percent - reducing the time it takes to recover business critical data - and adding unique new features to simplify the Backup Exec management experience saving IT time and resources.”
Available now, Backup Exec 2010 includes the following new features:
* Faster Install: Customers can now install and set-up Backup Exec up to 20 percent faster through streamlined installation and backup wizards.
* New Platform Support: Backup Exec 2010 provides reliable recovery for Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Exchange 2010 SP1, SQL 2008 R2, Mac OS X 10.6, VMware vSphere 4.1 and enhanced NDMP support.
* Improved Recovery Times: Product Recommendation Engine alerts customers to gaps in their backup practices for SQL Exchange, SharePoint, Hyper-V, and Active Directory environments to provide more reliable recovery.
* Improved User Experience: Integrated RSS reader and in-product renewal assistant provides critical and timely product updates to ensure Symantec customers have the best set of tools to easily tune and support their backup environment.
Click to Tweet: Symantec Backup Exec 2010 updates protect more data and enhance user experience http://bit.ly/a42wuY
* “American Equipment has been in business more than 40 years with records going back decades that frequently need to be accessed. For that reason, we felt an obvious need to ensure that our critical information is available if we ever have a server outage or disaster,” said Lori Castleton, VP, Operations and Government Sales, at American Equipment, Inc. “The latest version of Symantec Backup Exec helps to ensure that not only will our information be available and protected, but now we can utilize new product features such as integrated archiving to help us streamline the storage of years of important information.”
* “We have deployed Backup Exec within our environment for several years and recently upgraded to the latest version of Backup Exec 2010,” said Ira J. Bernknopf, EA, accountant, Bernknopf Group. “As a small business with no IT staff or experience, we rely on Backup Exec to efficiently and quickly back up all of our electronic data and ensure it is available when we need it.”
* “As a small business, it was critical for us to deploy a solution that provided fast backups and was easy to use so we can focus on more pressing business needs,” said Julian Cooper, senior IT administrator, Integrated Control Corporation. “We have benefitted from Backup Exec since it is compatible with our existing systems, easily integrates with new platforms such as SharePoint 2010, and provides 24/7 availability of our data.”
* “Symantec incorporated customer feedback into the latest version of Backup Exec 2010 with the new licensing and maintenance wizard that provides a quick and easy reminder when we need to renew and update our software,” said Patrick Manness, IT administrator, Paul’s Hauling Ltd. “Backup Exec also delivers reliable backups and very fast recovery of information.”
* “As a Symantec SMB Specialized partner, we understand that SMBs need a cost-effective way to manage their information and Backup Exec provides us with a reliable solution to bring to our customers,” said Spencer Ferguson, president of Wasatch Software. “Through our partnership with Symantec, we have witnessed the positive evolution of Backup Exec and are impressed with new functionality around archiving, deduplication and support for virtualized environments.”
* “At SoundSide, we have been involved in a number of situations, from natural disasters to internal failures, where our SMB customers have benefitted greatly from Symantec Backup Exec,” said Jeremy Smith, technical services manager at The SoundSide Group. “SoundSide is a Silver partner and has achieved Symantec SMB Specialization, and we know that downtime is not an option for our SMB customers. With Backup Exec, we have our customers quickly up and running so they can conduct business as usual.”
* “Silicon East has standardized on Symantec Backup Exec for all of our customers because we believe it is the most reliable backup solution on the market,” said Marc Harrison, president, Silicon East. “With Symantec, we have confidence that we can protect our customers’ critical information and ensure it is available, regardless of hardware issues, human error or a disaster"
About Storage from Symantec
Symantec helps organizations secure and manage their information-driven world with storage management, email archiving and backup & recovery solutions.
Symantec is a global leader in providing security, storage and systems management solutions to help consumers and organizations secure and manage their information-driven world. Our software and services protect against more risks at more points, more completely and efficiently, enabling confidence wherever information is used or stored. More information is available at www.symantec.com.
Note to Editors: If you would like additional information on Symantec Corporation and its products, please visit the Symantec News Room at http://www.symantec.com/news. All prices noted are in U.S. dollars and are valid only in the United States.
Symantec and the Symantec Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Symantec Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.