McAfee Inc. Extends Industry-Leading Consumer Protection with New Products for Mac
McAfee Internet Security Protects Mac Users from Web Threats;
McAfee Family Protection Blocks Inappropriate Content
SANTA CLARA, Calif. - McAfee, Inc. (NYSE:MFE), the world’s largest dedicated security company, has extended its industry-leading protection to millions of Mac consumers with the launch of McAfee® Internet Security and McAfee® Family Protection for Mac. McAfee Internet Security empowers consumers to surf the web safely, while McAfee Family Protection allows parents to filter inappropriate content from their children.
McAfee Internet Security -- The Strongest Protection for Macs
“McAfee Internet Security suite helps Apple users confidently live their digital lives,” said Todd Gebhart, executive vice president and general manager, consumer, mobile and small business at McAfee. “It will protect Mac users from the growing threats users experience while searching the Internet every day, and McAfee Family Protection allows parents to keep a watchful eye over their kids’ activities.”
McAfee Internet Security for Mac includes the following features and benefits:
* McAfee® SiteAdvisor® technology protects users from malicious Web sites, browser exploits and notifies users whether an ecommerce site has been scanned by McAfee for potential vulnerabilities.
* SiteAdvisor technology provides site ratings in 22 search engines, and features advanced phishing protection that will alert users to sites that may try to steal personal identities or gain access to financial information.
* Secure Search a dedicated search tool that allows users to search, explore and shop more securely.
* Two-Way Firewall Protection monitors all data entering and leaving the Mac and blocks hackers from accessing the computer.
* Advanced Malware Scanning detects, blocks, and removes all Windows and Mac based viruses, spyware, and adware as well as any emerging threats that could harm the Mac.
McAfee Internet Security for Mac is available today on Mac OS 10.5 or later in the United States, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, Italy, France, Germany, Spain, Mexico and Japan. It will be available in the United States for $79.99 USD. For more information, please visit: www.mcafee.com/mac.
McAfee Family Protection -- Keeping Families Safe on the Mac
According to a recent survey by McAfee and Harris Interactive, 55 percent of 13-17 year olds said that they hide what they do online from their parents and 36 percent said they would change their online behavior if they knew their parents were watching. Just as with the PC version, McAfee Family Protection for Mac is designed to give parents a way to protect and monitor their children when using the Internet.
McAfee Family Protection includes the following features and benefits:
* Web blocking allows parents to block up to 35 different categories of content, preventing children from visiting sites related to topics like drugs or pornography. Keyword search filtering prevents children from searching for terms prohibited by parents.
* Activity reports provide parents a full view of their children’s Internet activity – including all websites visited. The reports are designed to empower parents to teach their kids how to safely use the Internet.
* Instant notifications are sent to parents by email or text message when a child tries to access inappropriate sites.
* Time limits allow parents to manage the amount of time children use the Internet.
* Program blocking enables parents to block specific applications installed on the Mac. For example, a parent can block iTunes to ensure their children don’t download songs or movies without their permission.
* Encrypted site blocking provides a deeper layer of protection against accessing Web sites that are encrypted which include many pornography sites.
* Parents can remotely modify each child’s profile. For example, a parent may block the category “drugs” but then remotely modify the rule if their teen needs access to an educational drug-related site for homework purposes.
McAfee Family Protection is available today on Mac OS 10.5 or later in the United States, United Kingdom and Australia. It will be available in the United States for $39.99 USD. For more information, please visit: www.mcafee.com/mac.
McAfee Family Protection is also available for Apple mobile products, including the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. For more information about McAfee® Family Protection iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, please visit the McAfee mobile site at http://m.mcafee.com. McAfee released McAfee® Family Protection for the PC in June 2009.
About McAfee, Inc.
McAfee, Inc., headquartered in Santa Clara, California, is the world’s largest dedicated security technology company. McAfee is committed to relentlessly tackling the world’s toughest security challenges. The company delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that help secure systems and networks around the world, allowing users to safely connect to the Internet, browse and shop the web more securely. Backed by an award-winning research team, McAfee creates innovative products that empower home users, businesses, the public sector and service providers by enabling them to prove compliance with regulations, protect data, prevent disruptions, identify vulnerabilities, and continuously monitor and improve their security. http://www.mcafee.com
Note: McAfee and SiteAdvisor are registered trademarks or trademark of McAfee, Inc., or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others. © 2010 McAfee, Inc. All rights reserved. The product plans, specifications and descriptions herein are provided for information only, subject to change without notice, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.