CA’s Recovery Management Business and Products Continue to Receive Top Industry Accolades
Channel Focus and CA ARCserve Family of Products Earn Recognition from Industry Experts and Partners Worldwide
ISLANDIA, N.Y. - CA, Inc. (NASDAQ: CA) today announced that awards and praise from partners and pundits are continuing to pile up for CA’s recovery management channel business and products. In the last year, partners and industry experts have bestowed them with more than 30 honors, including numerous awards and top grades in standalone and competitive product reviews
Most recently, Network Computing Magazine named CA “Company of the Year” and awarded CA ARCserve® Backup “Product of the Year.” Announced March 4, the annual Network Computing Awards recognize the companies, the products and the services that have most impressed the readers of the UK’s longest running computer networking publication.
Also, in Network World’s recent Best of the Tests 2010, CA ARCserve Backup was the only backup solution to be recognized as a “Tester’s Choice” and was referred to as the “go to” platform and “one of the most robust and reliable products in the reviewer’s lab.”
From a product perspective, CA earned frequent kudos for its approach to data deduplication and capabilities for recovery of information in Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V and VMware VCB virtualized environments.
“To be successful, our partners and customers rely on us to provide the best people, products and programs,” said Adam Famularo, senior vice president and general manager for CA’s Recovery Management and Data Modeling Business Unit. “We are excited about all of the recognition and are focused on working hard to continue to deliver unsurpassed products and service.”
Additional highlights include:
* Lab review: CA ARCserve Backup and CA XOsoft™ High Availability beat Symantec™ Backup Exec™ and Veritas Cluster Server convincingly in a CA-commissioned competitive review by a reputable U.S. lab that has evaluated thousands of products for top-tier industry publications.
* CRN review: After testing for a cover feature entitled “Squeeze More Out of the Network Right Now,” CA ARCserve Backup for Windows and CA XOsoft were included among “six products that boost network performance.” No competitive products made the list, which identified products as leading-edge because of ease of installation and use, feature set, ROI and cutting-edge engineering.
* PC Pro UK review: CA ARCserve Backup earned the top six-star rating and PC Pro Recommended status for offering an “unbeatable range of new features, including data deduplication as a core function and not a separate component.”
* PC World Spain review: The publication bestowed its highest 5-star rating, praising built-in data deduplication and platform and virtualization support.
* CDW publication review: CA ARCserve Backup File Server Suite received a strong review published in CDW government publications including FedTech, StateTech, EdTech: Focus on K12 Focus and EdTech: Focus on Higher Education.
* TCN review: The Spanish channel bi-weekly reviewed CA ARCserve Backup, awarding it 4 out of 5 stars and its “TCN Total Security” stamp based on centralized management and security, backup functionality (including disk and tape backup), graphical control over storage processes, and management across physical and virtual environments.
* PC Actual review: Calling CA ARCserve Backup “one of the most powerful professional backup environments existing today for the Windows Server platform,” this publication became the third from Spain to file a strong positive review of CA ARCserve Backup r12.5.
* PC PRO profile: In the “Top 100 Products for PC PRO Business,” CA ARCserve Backup was featured as the top “Network Backup” choice.
* PC PRO competitor review: Describing Acronis Backup and Recovery 10, the reviewer stated that “the deduplication option isn’t as slick as that offered free with the A-Listed CA ARCserve Backup 12.5.”
* Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG) Lab Report: The firm published a very positive lab validation report entitled “CA ARCserve Backup: Enterprise-Class Data Protection and Deduplication"
* TPI Technologies lab review: Storage industry guru Jon Toigo reviewed CA ARCserve Backup and gave it a strong, positive recommendation.
* Enterprise Systems Journal article: In “The End of a Decade in Storage,” Jon Toigo said that one of the smartest innovations in the software space was made by CA in its data protection and disaster recovery products.
* CRN special features: CA ARCserve Backup and CA XOsoft were named contenders in the Storage Management/Data Protection Software category for CRN’s 2010 Channel Champion awards. CRN also highlighted CA Recovery Management products among “25 Products On View At XChange 2009.”
* eWEEK Channel Insider special feature: CA was named a “Bulls Eye Award” Contender for Turnaround of the Year, highlighting its Recovery Management business and partner program improvements that have boosted margins and incentives to partners selling CA’s ARCserve and XOsoft products.
* Business Solutions Magazine special features: Readers named CA a “2010 Best Channel Vendor,” highlighting product features and CA’s channel program. A separate VAR reader study named CA ARCserve Backup and CA XOsoft High Availability among the Best Channel Products in Backup & Disaster Recovery Software and Data Protection Software for 2009.
* Programmer’s Paradise annual awards: The leading IT reseller named CA its overall “Partner of the Year” for the second straight year, and CA ARCserve Backup the leading Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery product.
* CRN feature: CA was included in the feature Storage: Top 10 Backup and Recovery Software Vendors.
* Productive Corporation study: The North American reseller of both CA ARCserve Backup and Symantec Backup Exec independently concluded that CA ARCserve Backup is a better value, provides a better ROI and has features and technology clearly beyond what Symantec’s Backup Exec has to offer.
* SourceMedia.com article: In “Data Backup and Recovery Solutions, Symantec and ARCserve,” staff of the reseller of both CA ARCserve Backup and Symantec Backup Exec determined that “In most recent reviews of the latest releases, CA ARCserve has pulled ahead of Symantec Backup Exec, with higher ratings in usability and data control.”
* Zones Partner Summit awards: The reseller recognized CA with their “Growth and Innovation” award, based on visibility and engagement with their sales organization, deal registration and margin opportunities, customer and representative interaction, and creative sales training.
* CRN special features: CA Recovery Management and Data Modeling General Manager Adam Famularo was named to CRN’s 2010 Channel Chiefs: Who’s Who in Storage. Two other CA executives – Tracy Balent-Hamrac and Toni Clayton-Hine – were included in “100 Strong: The Most Powerful Women Of The Channel.”
For more information about CA’s Recovery Management business and CA’s acclaimed solutions for providing total protection, recovery and availability, please visit www.arcserve.com.
CA (NASDAQ: CA), the world’s leading independent IT management software company, helps customers optimize IT for better business results. CA’s Enterprise IT Management solutions for mainframe and distributed computing enable Lean IT—empowering organizations to more effectively govern, manage and secure their IT operations. For more information, visit www.ca.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.