Consumers Want the Best of Both Worlds: Pay TV and Over-the-Top Video
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. - Consumers want their Internet TV, according to market research firm, In-Stat (http://www.in-stat.com). Already, based on In-Statís new multi-client research study, 26% of US consumer respondents report viewing Internet TV more than once per week. However, rather than a substitute for traditional pay TV services, consumers want their Over-the-Top (OTT) Internet video to compliment their traditional TV offerings.
ďConsumers want the best of both worlds: Pay TV and Over-the-Top Video,Ē says Keith Nissen, In-Stat analyst. ďNearly 40% of consumer broadband household respondents want a combination of linear TV and on-demand TV, and nearly three quarters want to acquire all their video content from their pay TV service provider.Ē
The recent research by In-Stat also found the following:
* While PCs remain the primary devices used for viewing Internet TV, consumers are increasingly using multiple devices, including internet TVs, and mobile devices.
* Consumers use a variety of devices to get internet video to their TVs, including PC-based media adapters, dedicated media adapters, gaming consoles, Blu-ray players, and Internet-enabled TVs.
* As of Year End 2009, there are an estimated 24 million web-enabled devices in operation in the US. This is expected to grow to 102 million by 2013.
Recent In-Stat research, OTT Video Platforms, Devices, and Consumer Expectations (#IN1004654CM), presents a real-world assessment of the OTT video market opportunity, based on a combination of In-Statís extensive device and services databases, as well as a new primary research survey of US broadband households. The research quantifies:
* Household ownership of web-enabled consumer devices, such as Internet-enabled TVs, Blu-ray players, game consoles, Internet set-top boxes, PCs and portable entertainment devices;
* Current Internet TV viewing, storage and consumption behavior.
* Web-to-TV adoption.
* Web-enabled CE device requirements.
* Consumer expectations regarding the consumption of digital entertainment.
* OTT video market and content monetization opportunities.
For a free sample of the report and more information, please contact Elaine Potter at: email@example.com or (480) 483-4441
To purchase it online, please visit: http://www.instat.com/catalog/mmcatalogue.asp?id=212
Related In-Stat research:
Global Web-Enabled Consumer Electronics Devices Set to Explode
Web-to-TV Video Changes Everything
Worldwide Blu-Ray and DVD Player/Recorder Market
* Title: OTT Video Platforms, Devices, and Consumer Expectations
* Service: Consumer Media & Content
* Product Number: IN1004654CM
* Publication Date: March 2010
* Number of Pages: 37
* Price: $7,500 U.S. Dollars
* Abstract, Table of Contents, Figures & Tables
* Members Only Access: Full text HTML , PDF
In-Statís market intelligence combines technical, market and end-user research and database models to analyze the Mobile Internet and Digital Entertainment ecosystems. Our insights are derived from a deep understanding of technology impacts, nearly 30 years of history in research and consulting, and direct relationships with leading players in each of our core markets. In-Stat provides its research through reports, annual subscriptions, consulting and advisory services to inform critical decisions. Technology and semiconductor vendors, infrastructure and device manufacturers, service providers and media companies worldwide rely on partnerships with In-Statís tenured, experienced staff and on our in-depth market intelligence to support critical business, product and technology decisions.
In-Stat is a strategic segment of the $9 billion Reed Elsevier global information network, with access to an expansive worldwide electronic network, extensive technology databases and well-informed personnel. As a member of Reed Business Information, In-Stat is a division of the largest business-to-business publisher in the U.S.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.