AT&T Brings the 2010 Vancouver Olympic Winter Games to Your TV, PC and Mobile Screens via Agreement with NBC Universal
Wireless Customers Will Have 24/7 NBC Olympics Winter Games Coverage on Their Mobile Phones
Dallas, Texas, From the first ski jump to the last triple Axel, America will have more ways to enjoy NBC Universal’s world-class coverage of the 2010 Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver with all three AT&T* screens — the TV, the PC and the mobile phone.
“The Olympic Winter Games is always a must-see event that draws in people to watch the world’s best athletes and most prestigious competitions, and AT&T offers the only way to see NBC’s coverage of the Vancouver Olympic Winter Games live on all three screens,” said Dan York, executive vice president of content and programming, AT&T Converged Services. “We’re proud to deliver around-the-clock Games content to more consumers in more places.”
“NBCU’s coverage of the Vancouver Olympic Winter Games provides viewers with a unique multiscreen opportunity to watch the competitive action from Vancouver,“ said Henry Ahn, Executive Vice President, TV Networks Distribution, NBC Universal. “We’re thrilled to partner with AT&T to deliver the Games to millions of fans across all screens and platforms.”
AT&T’s three-screen 2010 Vancouver Olympic Winter Games content choices, in agreement with NBC, will include:
* Around-the-clock and live competition Vancouver Olympic Winter Games coverage, via the NBC Olympics 2Go channel with both AT&T Mobile TV and MobiTV, beginning Feb. 12. AT&T is the only mobile phone carrier that will deliver live video coverage from the Vancouver Games.
* Top stories, videos, polls and photos through AT&T mobile Web browsers and through the NBC Olympics Mobile Web site.
AT&T U-verseSM TV
* Complete broadcast coverage on the networks of NBC Universal.
* NBC Olympics on-demand content including a wrap-up of the best events of the day as well as on-demand access to 5 unique events and 15 highlight segments each day. Additional on-demand content will include Vancouver previews and more.
* Separate from the agreement with NBC Universal, U-verse TV customers will have access to Team USA On Demand videos — several of which are exclusive and produced for AT&T — and will include interviews and features of U.S. Olympic Team athletes as they train for and compete in various sports.
* Online access to Vancouver Olympic Winter Games content at NBCOlympics.com for U-verse TV customers.
* Downloadable interactive widgets from NBCOlympics.com that allow consumers to view the latest news, photos and videos; track medals for the top five countries in medal counts; view a programming schedule of Vancouver Olympic Winter Games events; and help them find their local broadcast station covering the Games by entering their zip code online.
* Separate from the agreement with NBC Universal, fans can enjoy access to Team USA On Demand videos, interviews and features of U.S. Olympic Team athletes on att.net/TeamUSA.
The 2010 Vancouver Olympic Winter Games is the latest example of AT&T delivering compelling and converged content across the three screens at the center of consumers’ lives: the TV, PC and mobile phone. AT&T, proud sponsor of the U.S. Olympic Team, has a unique set of integrated services and networks to provide content in every genre across devices, making it easy for an audience of millions to enjoy and follow their favorite programming whenever and wherever they choose.
For the complete array of AT&T offerings, visit www.att.com.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation’s fastest 3G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet and voice services. AT&T offers the best wireless coverage worldwide. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verseSM and AT&T | DIRECTVSM brands. The company’s suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T’s Yellow Pages and YELLOWPAGES.COM organizations are known for their leadership in directory publishing and advertising sales. In 2009, AT&T again ranked No. 1 in the telecommunications industry on FORTUNE® magazine’s list of the World’s Most Admired Companies.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATTNews. Find us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/ATT to discover more about our consumer and wireless services or at www.facebook.com/ATTSmallBizto discover more about our small business services.
© 2010 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. 3G service not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.