City of Scranton, PA Selects Nayatek for Fast, Proactive E-Discovery and Integrated Content Archiving
PHILADELPHIA, PA. – October 15, 2009 – Nayatek, the developer of the next generation integrated content archiving platform, Datosphere, today announced the City of Scranton, PA has selected Datosphere as the cornerstone of its efforts to provide proactive E-Discovery and address its content archiving requirements for long term retention of email and other documents. The City of Scranton is Pennsylvania’s 7th largest city with more than 500 municipal employees and will use Datosphere to provide more transparency, increased responsiveness to constituent requests for information and higher levels of good governance.
The Pennsylvania New Right to Know Law that went into effect on January 1, 2009 presumes all records held by all state and local government organizations are open, both for viewing and copying. The burden of proof that a record is non-public or that an exemption applies now lies with the governmental organization denying access. With only five business days to answer the request, organizations need to be prepared and have the appropriate systems in place. Procedurally, the new law also represents an even more radical departure from its predecessors by streamlining the process to permit requesters to more rapidly appeal agency decisions and seek judicial review.
City of Scranton, PA Director of Information Technology, Frank Swietnicki, has been executing an aggressive plan to upgrade the city’s technology infrastructure to support the explosion in electronically stored information and ever-growing demands to access and manage data across the enterprise. “In many respects, we implemented Datosphere as an insurance policy against potential E-Discovery requests. Without an integrated archive, a substantial e-discovery request could easily take my staff days and possibly weeks to dig through backups for relevant emails. With Datosphere, we can respond literally in minutes,” said Frank Swietnicki. “Although our initial requirements were focused primarily on email archiving, Datosphere as an integrated content archiving platform provides us with the flexibility and a solution that can grow with us and support our future archiving and discovery needs,” added Swietnicki.
After evaluating a number of competitive products, the City of Scranton selected the Datosphere Integrated Content Archiving platform because it offered the following:
- Fast, efficient and comprehensive E-Discovery capabilities provides comprehensive federated search technology, scheduled searches, robust folder and case management
- Easy to implement retention and disposition policies across all of the archived content (files, emails, attachments, and instant messages)
- Datosphere is an integrated content archiving platform with a next generation architecture ensuring the capture, indexing, storage, security, retention and discovery of disparate ESI that can help future proof against changes in legal requirements, new ESI data formats, retention requirements
- Datosphere provides a tamper resistant archive, native encryption, granular role definition and a comprehensive audit trail to ensure that ESI remains secure and can only be accessed by those with the proper authorization.
- Datosphere is a downloadable software appliance and is designed to be up and running in hours not days or weeks. Its delivery and installation model simplifies the task of evaluating, deploying and managing a content archiving solution and requires no need for new skill sets.
About Nayatek Datosphere
Datosphere is a next generation content archiving platform. Its comprehensive content archiving, EDiscovery, storage management, business continuity and compliance functionality ensures that organizations can effectively capture, index, store, secure, manage, retain and discover disparate ESI. It provides a platform to build on that can help future proof against changes in legal requirements, new ESI data formats, retention requirements and the ever encroaching impact of regulatory compliance. Datosphere’s open storage layer provides support for local, direct attach, ISCSI, CIFS/NFS and CAS (EMC Centera). Datosphere is available for download at www.nayatek.com.
NAYATEK is a developer of Integrated Content Archiving solutions providing comprehensive Content Archiving, EDiscovery, Storage Management, Business Continuity and Compliance functionality designed to specifically assist organizations to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of their electronically stored information (ESI) and to maintain objectively verifiable, robust procedures to comply with industry regulations.
- Contact Information
- Marta Teran
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.