Lexmark delivers another industry first with new solutions-ready, touch screen laser printer
- Additional color, monochrome laser devices also introduced, broadening Lexmarks line to meet a wider range of customer needs
LEXINGTON, Ky.- Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK) today introduced the industrys first single-function monochrome A4 (8.5 inch x 11 inch) laser printer with a touch screen, providing businesses the ability to tap into a powerful solutions platform and work more efficiently. The innovative Lexmark T656dne monochrome laser printer enables customers to expand the usefulness of their device to meet specific needs within their business by utilizing Lexmarks award-winning Embedded Solutions Framework (eSF).
Lexmark was recently recognized by Buyers Laboratory Inc. with an Outstanding Achievement Award for providing value-added capabilities as a standard offering by leveraging its eSF platform, which enables customizable or industry-specific solutions to streamline paper-based processes, increasing productivity and reducing page volumes.
Our robust, industry-leading solutions, integrated with our reliable, workhorse monochrome workgroup laser device, will enable the new T656dne to provide large workgroups with greater efficiency and productivity day in and day out, said Marty Canning, Lexmark vice president and president of its Printing Solutions and Services Division. In addition, our new color laser, monochrome laser and laser MFPs continue to broaden our product line and provide our customers more choices than ever before for small and large workgroup needs.
Lexmarks T656dne monochrome laser printer enables solutions capabilities for large workgroups, providing access to preloaded and customizable applications at the simple touch of an icon. Immediately upon powering on the Lexmark T656dne, users will find several unique applications available from the 7 inch, color touch screen:
* Forms and Favorites, which reduces waste associated with preprinted forms
* Eco-Settings, which helps increase energy savings and reduce wasted pages and toner
* Showroom, which demonstrates the possibilities of using the touch screen as a unique communications medium
* Change Background, allowing businesses to display a company logo or personalize the background image
* Change Language, which can be enabled during setup, allows users in multilingual environments to easily change the display language
The Lexmark T656dne, which prints up to 55 pages per minute (ppm), comes equipped with an internal 80+GB hard disk to support tailored software applications and provide ample storage capacity.
See the LexmarkNews page on YouTube for a video demonstration of the Lexmark T656dnes innovative solutions capabilities.
Lexmark X546dtn, C546dtn and E462dtn
Three additional laser products introduced today, aimed at providing greater value to higher-usage customers, expand Lexmarks award-winning lineup of laser products:
* Lexmark X546dtn color laser MFP and Lexmark C546dtn color laser printer: The Lexmark X546dtn and Lexmark C546dtn are designed for small to midsize workgroups or busy offices that need access to an affordable device that delivers productivity-enhancing features and professional-quality color printing. Both models feature Lexmarks Duo Drawer standard, providing up to 900 sheets of standard input capacity, the most of any color laser printer or color laser MFP priced under $1,000. In addition, for customers who need even more paper capacity, a new optional 550-sheet drawer allows for a maximum capacity of 1,450 sheets. The Lexmark X546dtn and Lexmark C546dtn ship with more toner than their leading competitor, up to 4,000 pages1 for each color, and the 8,000-page2 extra high-yield black toner cartridge means fewer interventions for the customer and helps reduce the cost of ownership by delivering a low cost-per-page. Both products are included in the exclusive Lexmark Rewards program3, which rewards customers with free genuine Lexmark toner and imaging kits for sending their empty cartridges back to Lexmark for recycling or remanufacturing.
* Lexmark E462dtn monochrome laser printer: Ideal for small and midsize workgroups, the Lexmark E462dtn aids customers in lowering their output costs while remaining friendly to the environment. The 18,000 page2 aftermarket toner cartridge, which can be recycled free of charge like all other Lexmark toner cartridges, is budget pleasing for customers who desire a low cost-per-page. An extra 250-sheet drawer comes standard to maximize input.
Lexmark X860 Series
Lexmark also announced six new models in the A3-capable (11 inch x 17 inch)Â Lexmark X860 Series of monochrome laser MFPsÂ targeted to large workgroups who have demanding document needs. These reliable, departmental MFPs integrate the capabilities of several standalone units and offer high performance with state-of-the-art security features, numerous input and finishing options, and print speeds of up to 55 ppm.
Featuring Lexmarks colorful, easy-to-use e-Task touch screen, the solutions-ready Lexmark X860 Series helps workgroups gain momentum by allowing customization based on business needs to streamline and simplify complicated, multi-step processes.
Hole punching and offset stacking, as well as other advanced finishing capabilities, are optional to help support busy workgroups in print-intensive environments striving to take their productivity to its fullest potential. In addition, a Booklet Finisher option folds documents and allows adjustments for skew and overlaps.
Customers will find that fewer interventions are needed with the Lexmark X860 Series due to the tremendously versatile paper handling and long-lasting toner cartridges. Input capacity can be expanded up to 5,100 sheets with Dual Input and High-Capacity Feeder drawer options, and the toner cartridges come with an impressive 35,000-page yield2.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.