EPA Launches a New Pesticides Web Page
EMSL Analytical offers pesticide testing solutions for industry and the general public.
Westmont, NJ, September 3rd, 2009
On August 19th the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) launched a new web page to better protect human health and the environment from pesticides. The website, “explains the development and evaluation of new technologies in molecular, cellular, and computational sciences to supplement or replace more traditional methods of toxicity testing and risk assessment.”
According to the EPA website the new technologies will result in:
• A broader suite of computer-aided methods to better predict potential hazards and exposures, and to focus testing on likely risks of concern,
• Improved approaches to more traditional toxicity tests to minimize the number of animals used while expanding the amount of information obtained,
• Improved understanding of toxicity pathways to allow development of non-animal tests that better predict how exposures relate to adverse effects, and
• Improved diagnostic biomonitoring and surveillance methods to detect chemical exposures and identify causes of toxic effects.
EMSL Analytical, one of the nation’s largest environmental testing laboratories, supports the EPA’s integrated approach to testing and assessing the risks posed by pesticides. The modern use of pesticides has given much benefit to mankind, but their can be drawbacks such as toxicity to other animals and humans.
The chemistry testing laboratory at EMSL has extensive experience testing for pesticides from a number of matrices. “Understanding how pesticides interact with the environment, animals and people is essential to protecting our planet,” reported Joe Frasca, Executive Vice President for EMSL Analytical. “EMSL has been in the forefront of providing testing solutions for pesticides and other chemical contaminants for years in a number of our laboratories,” Frasca continued.
EMSL Analytical has a network of over 30 laboratories across the United States and Canada. To learn more about pesticide or other testing services please contact EMSL Analytical at (800) 220-3675, visit www.EMSL.com or email info@EMSL.com.
About EMSL Analytical, Inc.
EMSL Analytical is a nationally recognized and locally focused provider of environmental and industrial hygiene services and products to professionals and the general public. The company has an extensive list of accreditations from leading organizations as well as state and federal regulating bodies.
- Contact Information
- Joe Frasca
- Senior Vice President, Marketing
- EMSL Analytical, Inc.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.