AT&T Connects San Francisco Giants Fans with Exclusive Wireless Content, Team Chatter, News, Sweeps and Special Offers via AT&T Park Activities
AT&T Launches Insider Alerts, Sweepstakes, Special Offers, Updates and More through New Integrated Shortcode Program for San Francisco Baseball Fans
Dallas, Texas, Connecting today’s avid San Francisco sports lovers with the team information they crave, AT&T* announced today the AT&T Park Experience — delivering behind-the-scenes San Francisco Giants player alerts, game scores and stats — and a new exclusive sweepstakes offer — all for baseball fans who opt in via text messaging.
To access the new exclusive content and wireless activities, fans in the stands just need to text various keywords to the San Francisco Giants shortcode at each game: 56418. In addition, as the exclusive communications provider for the San Francisco Giants, AT&T has enhanced the game experience for millions of fans through a host of wireless services and technology at AT&T Park.
“At AT&T, we’re glad to help connect Giants fans with their favorite team – whether they are at the ballpark or watching remotely through the wireless technologies we offer,” said Tim McGhee, executive director, AT&T Corporate Sponsorships. “The new AT&T Park Experience and the exclusive Giants content and activities are just a few more ways we’re using our services to enhance the sports experience for our customers — so that they never have to miss a step with the team — and the games — they love to watch.”
Giants fans can now access exclusive updates and enter to win prizes by texting** keywords at each game through a few new programs:
Giants Chatter —
* Fans texting the word “GIANTS” to 56418 will opt-in to Giants Chatter, receiving six to eight insider alerts during each game — including player updates, injury reports, and insights from coaches, players and broadcasters.
* Content alerts, such as video recaps and images of same-day plays will be available to AT&T customers through the shortcode.
* Special offers — including free tickets, discounts on Giants memorabilia and more — texted to participants at the stadium.
Text to Screen –
* Prior to each home game, spectators in the stadium will be invited to text personal messages to be displayed on screens in-stadium by texting the word “CHEER” to 56418 to start each submission.
Keyword Sweepstakes*** —
* The AT&T Video Vault will feature a series of videos of notable Giants moments on the Diamond Vision videoboard, along with invitations for fans in the stands to vote via text for their favorite plays for a chance to enter various sweepstakes.
* Throughout the season, two fans from each game will be randomly selected to receive tickets to an upcoming Giants game by texting G1, G2, or G3 to 56418. The winning play will be broadcast on the videoboard following the voting period and winners will be notified via text message. Users can redeem their prize at the ballpark’s AT&T Fan Zone — the headquarters of the AT&T Park Experience.
The hub of the AT&T Park Experience on site at the ballpark, the AT&T Fan Zone will include additional information on the Experience program, four interactive Internet stations, and a live bar featuring the latest premiere AT&T handsets.
Each fan participating in the AT&T Park Experience between now and October 1 will be automatically entered for a chance to win a smartphone, courtesy of AT&T. At select games, AT&T fans may receive a link to purchase content related to that game’s theme, and participants may also receive additional Giants content for their phone.
** No purchase necessary. Standard text messaging applies.
*** To enter without sending a text message, hand print your full name, complete mailing address, daytime phone number (including area code), date of birth, and “AT&T Park Experience Alerts Sweepstakes” on a 3”x 5” paper & mail in a sealed, properly stamped and hand printed #10 envelope to: AT&T Park Experience Alerts Sweepstakes, The Marketing Arm, 1999 Bryan Street, Suite 1800, Dallas, TX 75201. Each mail-in entry must be mailed separately, postmarked by 10/2/09 and received by 10/12/09 to be eligible.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation’s fastest 3G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet and voice services. AT&T offers the best wireless coverage worldwide, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verseSM and AT&T | DIRECTVSM brands. The company’s suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T’s Yellow Pages and YELLOWPAGES.COM organizations are known for their leadership in directory publishing and advertising sales. In 2009, AT&T again ranked No. 1 in the telecommunications industry on FORTUNE® magazine’s list of the World’s Most Admired Companies.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATTNews. Find us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/ATT to discover more about our consumer and wireless services or at www.Facebook.com/ATTSmallBiz to discover more about our small business services.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.