Cisco Helps Schools Save Money, Improve Efficiency, Enhance Safety and Prepare the Next-Generation Workforce
Cisco Education Network Solutions Support Video, Unified Communications, ’Green’ Campuses, and 21st-Century Teaching and Learning Environments
Cisco Certified Architect
* Delivering on its focus on creating “Connected Learning” environments, at NECC 2009 Cisco today outlined how a robust Internet Protocol (IP)-network can help schools save money, improve administrative efficiency, enhance safety and security, and prepare the next-generation workforce to compete effectively in the global economy.
* Cisco, educators and education technology leaders from throughout the United States shared how the network provides the platform for an increasingly mobile environment, helps ensure safety and security, and creates opportunities for effective communication and richer collaboration among teachers, students, parents and administration all while reducing costs and energy use.
* In addition to developing technology solutions, Cisco has a long-standing commitment to education initiatives throughout the world including. These include the Cisco® Networking Academy®, Global Education Transformation project and 21st Century Schools initiative.
Cisco Education Products/Solutions:
* Administrative Efficiency: Manage the business of education with technology solutions that help improve administrative processes, day-to-day operations, and streamline management and maintenance of the communications infrastructure.
o Cisco Unified Communications: Enhance communications security and productivity with a single IP network that includes data, voice and video capabilities.
o Cisco Unified Wireless Network: Enable a secure, robust indoor and outdoor wireless network to help extend learning beyond the classroom.
o Cisco Digital Media System (DMS): Deliver on-demand materials to desktops and live broadcasts to digital signs for instant scalable access to information.
o Cisco Connected Real Estate: operate and maintain school facilities more efficiently through central control and energy management.
* Safety and Security: Help safeguard data, physical assets, IT infrastructure, and people over wired and wireless networks.
o Cisco Unified Communications: Enhance communications security, flexibility, and first-responder information access with a single IP network that includes data, voice and video capabilities.
o Cisco Network and Information Security: Implement identity-based network security to improve user authentication, authorization, and access control to help maintain secure wired and wireless access for students, faculty and staff.
o Cisco Physical Security: Monitor and help to protect students with video surveillance and access control capabilities that enable faster threat detection and response.
o Cisco Unified Wireless Network: Provide high-speed, next-generation wireless access while keeping the network secure from unauthorized access and malicious attacks. Wireless video cameras support real-time surveillance and monitoring from anywhere on campus, indoors and outdoors.
o Cisco Digital Media System (DMS): Deliver updates and critical information using digital signs for immediate dissemination. Train staff about emergency procedures
o Cisco Connected Real Estate: Secure, resilient, high-speed network backbone running through the core of all campus buildings to deliver data, voice, mobility, security, and other services.
* Next Generation Learning solutions help teachers to teach and students to learn, including applications to deliver professional development, to engage students in the learning process, and to support collaborative learning.
o Cisco Unified Communications: Enhance communications security, flexibility, and information access with a single IP network that includes data, voice, and video capabilities.
o Cisco Unified Wireless Network: Provide high-speed, next-generation wireless access to extend learning beyond the classroom to anywhere on campus, indoors and outdoors.
o Cisco Digital Media System: Deliver on-demand learning content to desktops and digital signs anywhere, anytime.
o Cisco WebExTM Collaboration: Expand the reach of courses to remote learners, provide rich interactive environments for online classes, and enable collaborative online projects and conversations between faculty
Schools Nationwide Deploy Cisco Education Solutions:
* Cisco Connected Real Estate:
o Giddings Independent School District
* Safety and security:
o Moss Point Schools
* Digital Media Systems:
o Mobile County Public Schools
o Council Rock School District
* Unified Communications:
o Cleveland County Schools
John Tuohy, Education Marketing Manager, Cisco
* “We believe technology can play a transformative role in enabling a 21st-century education. Through ’Connected Learning’ solutions, Cisco is equipping teachers with the tools they need to teach, providing students with the skills needed for success in the global economy, and helping schools to be more efficient while reducing operational expenses.”
Michael S. Kuhrt, Superintendent, Giddings Independent School District
* “The network infrastructure we began implementing two years ago - that will culminate with the opening of our new high school - gives us a platform for collaboration that provides our students and faculty a 21st-century learning experience.”
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.