Five-Star Resort The Broadmoor Resort Supports Consumers Demand for Non-Linear Vacations
Travel data from a June 8, U.S. Travel Association study shows that:
* Americans plan to take more day trips or long weekend getaways in lieu of week-long vacations.
* 24% plan to spend less on their longest trip
* Millions remain undecided about summer travel and 39% will book it within two months of departure.
However, the study also shows that:
* Six out of ten (57 percent) intended leisure travelers expect to spend the same number of nights away from home this summer compared to last.
* Consumers are expected to take an average of two trips this summer
Seeing these trends reflected in their own bookings, The Broadmoor decided to take action with a summer sale that better suits the current state of the leisure traveler. The Broadmoor’s new Summer Spectacular Special (available on select dates now through September 30, 2009) was designed to appeal to Denver and drive market guests who want to enjoy a relaxing summer vacation in small doses at a time at the right price. This is the first time in The Broadmoor’s history that they have run a sale of this magnitude during the peak summer season.
“When we made the decision to create this unprecedented shift in our pricing in order to respond to consumer demand, our vision was to offer people a way to have their summer vacation, all summer long,” said John Washko, VP, sales and marketing. "Whether for one night or more, we wanted The Broadmoor to be the retreat that would provide people with an opportunity to shut off the stress of the world in order to recharge and spend time with family and friends.”
The Broadmoor’s Summer Spectacular Special includes:
* Standard guest room accommodations for one night
* Kids stay and eat free when accompanied by paying adult (restrictions apply)
* Complimentary Serenity Shower, Tub Soak or Fitness Class (with purchase of spa treatment)
* Complimentary admission to The Broadmoor movie theater
* Complimentary bike and paddle boat rental
* 15% discount in all resort retail stores
* 40% discount off of published Suite rates
* Stay 3 consecutive nights and receive a $50 resort credit
Summer Spectacular Special starts at $125 per person and is based on double occupancy. Some restrictions do apply. Visit www.broadmoor.com/summersale for specifics.
About The Broadmoor:
The Broadmoor is the longest consecutive winner of both the AAA Five-Diamond and the Mobil Travel Guide Five-Star awards. The Resort offers 54 holes of championship golf; a 43,000-square-foot spa and salon; outdoor, indoor and heated lap pools; 18 restaurants, cafes and lounges and 25 retail shops. For more information regarding The Broadmoor please call 800.634.7711 or visit http://www.broadmoor.com.
- Contact Information
- Joe Hodas
- SVP, Brand Communications
- Vladimir Jones
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.