Heineken announces Stefan Orlowski to lead UK business
Amsterdam – Heineken N.V. today announced that Stefan Orlowski, currently Group Commerce Director, Heineken N.V. has been appointed Managing Director, Scottish and Newcastle UK, effective 1 July 2009.
In his new role, Stefan will report to Didier Debrosse, Regional President, Western Europe, and will join the Western Europe management team.
Commenting on the appointment, Jean-François van Boxmeer, Heineken CEO said, “I am delighted that Stefan has accepted this critical leadership role in one of our highest priority markets. He has the right attributes and experience to address the considerable challenges of the UK market. He has worked directly with the UK management team on their commercial strategy and has an outstanding track record in both general and commercial management. He has made a significant contribution to our business both as the leader of our global commercial function and as a member of the Executive Committee. ”
Stefan Orlowski said, “Over the last two years, the Commerce function within Heineken has developed a robust approach to building brands, innovation and creating value. We have a clear framework for the long-term growth of our brand portfolios built around the Heineken brand and we have developed the competencies that support its delivery. The chance now to work alongside a strong and talented UK management team to lead one of Heineken’s most important markets is a compelling personal and professional opportunity. I am looking forward to getting started.”
A successor to Stefan both as Group Commerce Director, and as an Executive Committee member will be announced in due course.
Biography Stefan Orlowski:
* Stefan Orlowski is currently Heineken’s Group Commerce Director with global functional responsibility for the Heineken Group’s commercial activities including Marketing, Sales, innovation, company-owned wholesale operations and specific responsibility for the growth of the Heineken brand;
* As Group Commerce Director, Stefan is a member of Heineken’s global Executive Committee;
* Prior to taking up his current role in 2007, Stefan was based in Australia working with Harbin BV, a private international investment firm. The company owns a minority shareholding in Grupa Zywiec and Stefan was a member of the Grupa Zywiec Supervisory Board.
* From 2003 – 2006, Stefan was Chief Operating Officer, first of Brau Union AG and subsequently, (from 2005), of Heineken Central & Eastern Europe (CEE). In this role, he had direct responsibility for Heineken’s Central European markets and in addition, functional responsibility for marketing, sales and distribution in the greater CEE region.
* From 1998 – 2003, Stefan was Sales, Marketing and Distribution Director for Zywiec SA, Heineken’s Polish operating business.
* From 1992 to 1998, Stefan worked with a private brewery investment group in a variety of management roles including: CEO of Warka Breweries Ltd and CEO of Elbrewery Company Ltd.
* Stefan, 42, is a qualified barrister and solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria (Australia) and began his career in the commercial law firm Arthur Robinson & Hedderwicks in Melbourne.
* He holds a bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Arts degrees from Monash University in Melbourne, Australia.
* He is married and has two children.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.