EMC Expands Developer Resources to Deliver Unprecedented Openness to World’s Leading Enterprise Content Management Platform
Free Developer Editions, Code Samples and One-Click Deployment Helps Developers Rapidly Build Content-Enabled Applications
HOPKINTON, Mass.- EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC), the world leader in information infrastructure solutions, today reinforced its continued commitment to a vibrant developer community by offering free, full-function developer editions of its enterprise content management (ECM) products and launching two new online communities dedicated to EMC Documentum and XML developers. Through the Documentum and XML communities, developers will have unprecedented open access to resources that includes code samples, tutorials, full product documentation and “getting started” guides.
As part of today’s announcement, EMC unveiled the following new offerings to further advance Documentum as the premier platform for building content-enabled applications rapidly:
* EMC Documentum Content Server Developer Edition provides developers free access to the foundation for the world’s most comprehensive ECM software. It offers a “one-click” deployment that can be run on a laptop so that developers can quickly and easily start creating their Documentum-based solutions.
* EMC Documentum xDB Developer Edition provides developers a scalable, high performance, native XML database at no cost for development and testing. xDB represents the industry’s most comprehensive support for XML standards in the development of applications such as dynamic Web sites, personalized publishing and content warehousing.
* EMC Documentum Content Server OEM Edition 6.5 provides independent software vendors with a self-contained rapid application development environment to enable them to focus on building business applications instead of an information infrastructure.
* .NET Productivity Suite makes it easier for developers to conduct fast and quality integrations with Microsoft applications such as SharePoint by allowing them to work exclusively in a Microsoft environment.
* EMC Documentum Content Services for Salesforce CRM allows developers to embed Documentum content services within Salesforce CRM. This provides the flexibility of sharing critical documents through Salesforce CRM while keeping sensitive content safe and protected within Documentum.
“This expanded investment in developer resources demonstrates our continued commitment in making Documentum the premier platform on which developers can build their content-enabled applications rapidly while keeping their costs of implementation and support low,” said Whitney Tidmarsh, Chief Marketing Officer, Content Management and Archiving Division at EMC. “Through our various online communities, developers can take full advantage of free tools and content as well as work together and foster the growth of the Documentum community.”
The Documentum and XML Developer Communities are hosted on the EMC Community Network (ECN). The ECN is a collection of online communities, including the EMC Developer Network, designed for engineers and developers who work with and/or have special interest in EMC products and technologies. ECN is also home to the Documentum Community designed for users of Documentum products who are seeking resources, collaboration and networking support through community engagement. To join the community, please visit community.EMC.com/go/Documentum.
All products are available today. The free developer editions of Content Server and xDB are for development, testing and trial only. Standard licensing fees apply for production and run-time deployments.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.